New tank

Reaction score
I am new to marine fish keeping, has some experiance in tropical fresh water fish keeping. I received a new tank as a present from someone. he told me it is a "brakwater" tank. Only one fish in it - no idea what it is called. I feed this with blood worms.

My question is; is there a differance between marine and a "brakwater" tank? Can I convert this tank into a marine tank?

Sorry for the basic questions, but I know nothing about this, and is keen to learn.

Hello and yes, there is a difference.

Brakwater or more correctly said salty freshwater. Lagoon type salanity. There are some fishes you an keep. But not the "normal" lifectock available at Pet Shops.

I would rather convert to true salt. Options are a lot more then.

Welcome to MASA - glad you joined. If you want more info on keeping a marine tank, read the link below in my signature - some great info ;)

Welcome to MASA !

Welcome to MASA!!

Welcome to MASA... you came to the right place. Everyone is very helpful and will answer all your questions.

What filter system?

Thank you everybody for all your advise and help. Let us start at the beginning. What type of filtration system would you recommend? Is a sump filter adequate?

Thank you everybody for all your advise and help. Let us start at the beginning. What type of filtration system would you recommend? Is a sump filter adequate?

Did you read the link in my signature like I mentioned to you earlier? You should find most of the answers there :)
If still unclear, I'm sure the guys will give there input.

Back
Top Bottom