New Tank - Help Needed

Marius

No wonder you are laughing at my name, you can't even spell it.

It's actually a fish "Chelmon Rostratus" or Copperband Butterflyfish.

:p
</IMG>

Thanx Viper, I almost pulled it out this morning.

I did a 20% water change today. hopefully that will also help.

check your water parameters twice in a week and post here.lets see how the cycly is going

It's brown, but watery. I believe that is one of the thirst things to go. But for now it must do.

Thick skimmate??????mine is still watery. How would you get a thick skimmate without running your skimmer too dry, then all sticks in the neck.

check your water parameters twice in a week and post here.lets see how the cycly is going

Hi Guys, I have just taken new readings, please comment.

Readings on 19/07.
pH - 8.3
Alk - 9
NO2- 0
NO3 - 5
Amm - 0.08

Previous Readings
Readings on 11/07.
pH - 8.3
Alk - 9
NO2- 0
NO3 - 1
Amm - 0.05

Readings on 15/07
pH - 8.3
Alk - 9
NO2 - 0.04
NO3 - 10
Amm - Somewhere between 1 & 2

If your test kits are accurate it looks like you have had a spike in your ammonia and nitrite and they appear to be tapering off, wait it out until they are both on 0.

Hi Guys, I have just taken new readings, please comment.

Readings on 19/07.
pH - 8.3
Alk - 9
NO2- 0
NO3 - 5
Amm - 0.08

Previous Readings
Readings on 11/07.
pH - 8.3
Alk - 9
NO2- 0
NO3 - 1
Amm - 0.05

Readings on 15/07
pH - 8.3
Alk - 9
NO2 - 0.04
NO3 - 10
Amm - Somewhere between 1 & 2

Viper, I hope the kit is accurate. I have done the ammonium test twice just to make sure.

How would I know if there are still anything alive in my LR, I dont see any more activity when I look at night with a small flash light?

Nearly there, there will still be life in the live rock. The life in the rock has been through much worse on its way to you curing process, cleaning etc.

Hi Guys, :)

The tank looks much better now. The pype worm got some new feathers, he is still little bit shy and retrive for the slightest movement. Thats about the only livestock left in the tank. The clown did not make it. I think I will add one thing a month from now on. What is the best to start with?

Readings on 02/08.
pH - 8.3
Alk - 9
NO2- 0
NO3 - <1
Amm - 0.01

CA - 404

Back
Top Bottom