New tank blues

Awvince

Here fishie fishie
Reaction score
Good day kind people of MASA,

My tank has just been built, I water tested and it has a leveling problem.

I have a split stand to hold the tank and when i tried to jack the one side of the tank to level it, it created a gap between the stand and the tank.

Any advise on how to get this tank leveled.

Thanks

I shall do so tonight. (I should've thought of taking a pic last night. lol)

IMG-20160915-WA0022.jpg

So people, this is my tank, what advise can you offer :)

Hi There,

Sorry i am just trying to understand the problem properly as it is still slightly unclear to me.

You stand is in 2 parts, one is slightly bigger than the other, I assume this is your wet side where the sump will be positioned and the other smaller side will be your dry side for equipment and electrics?

If this is the case can I suggest the following:

• Drill and fit more bolts where the two stand halves meet, this joint will take loads of pressure and a few small bolts could shear off quite easily.
  • Turn the stand upside down, drill and weld 8 nuts onto the bottom of the tank.
  • If there is flex in stand itself still you will need to fit reinforcing struts at a 45 degree angle on the ends.

images (1).jpg

I hope this is helpful, if not please send me more pics so i can better understand the problem.

Last edited:
Hi,

My stands are exactly the same size. There are currently on 4 bolts holding them together

To get my tank off the stand is nearly impossible. The tank is 3 meters long and weighs a lot. lol.

I will be getting someone over the weekend to weld the stands together, just not sure how i am going to raise the tank off the stand.

Thanks for the help, really appreciate it.

Hi @Aqvince nice stainless steel stand weldind the 2 together is a very good idee the 4 bolts and where thy are placed will syretch the frame. If i can suggest 3 x 3m flas welded on the 3m front and back and at the botton front and back and add some stifeners for stability. That is a lot of water weight.

Sent from my LG-H635 using Tapatalk

If welded properly the flat will take the weight. 5mm and thikker
d7a15ecbd957dbc67569ec3aee5547d3.jpg

Sent from my LG-H635 using Tapatalk

Hi
Where does this gap between stand and tank a occur when you jack it?
One more thing what thickness is the glass.

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

Hi
Where does this gap between stand and tank a occur when you jack it?
One more thing what thickness is the glass.

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

The gap occurs around the middle of the tank.

glass is 19mm thick.

Back
Top Bottom