Reaction score
hi
I have just joined the Marine Tank community and what a great hobby. Got a lot of info off the website already. i was lucky and bought a system that was already running for quite a while so got some time I got some live rock and one Yellow Wrasser fish. I was told that i just need some kind of plant for my sump" sorry cannor remember the name". But anyway i would like to just say this is a great site and cannot wait to get the system up and running like i want to.:thumbup:

Welcome Paul.

Give us a little more information about your system and perhaps some pics. We can then see what "plant" you require. It sounds like you are running a refugium.
There is a wealth of information from the members that will be able to help maintain and grow your tank.

Hi and Welcome!

The plant you mentioned might be some sort of macro algae, most commonly used is Chaetomorpha or chaeto for short. You probably wont find a lot of LFS selling it so the best bet to get some is ask a friendly forum member for help. usually grows like a weed so most guys are happy to donate!

Good luck with your tank!

Thanks a lot for all the feedback

Hi
It is really great to see the feedback i got from everyone alraedy, the plant i was talking about is Cheato that's right. I have a four foot talk and the sump and Proptien filter is mounted to the rear of the tank, will try post photo's tomorrow. it is a all in one system so no sump under the tank.

New pics

as promised here are some pics of the tank
untitled4.JPG
untitled1.JPG

Thanks

test.jpg

untitled4.JPG

untitled1.JPG

Lighting

hi

i recently scrapped the hood and put a kit in which has got two blue lights and 2 x normal lights. they are T5 four foot lights

nice man. should update with new unit man. but otherwize it is looking good so far. if you can. try get some more round LR and make cave like structures with flat rocks you already have.

welcome paul

just a few questions what is your intention for the system?
looks like a standard 3ft?

personally it looks a little underfiltered,

are you topping up with RO water or tapwater (rainwater)

how long has the system been running and what are your feeding routines..

i have seen quite a few of these smaller tanks crafted into masterpieces...

let the learning curve begin...

Have to agree with Les on the filtration.

Here are just of my ideas on how to possibly improve on the filtrartion

If that skimmer looks like one of those resun skimmer. Dont think they are very effictive at all. I owned one aswell. Consider maybe rather some thing like the Bubble Magnus NAC-QQ they are a cheap effective skimmer +-R700. I have one of these.

Is the second chamber filter floss? How often to change it out?

3rd Chamber looks like crushed coral pieces, which is fine just watch for lots of dirt getting trapped in there. Maybe DIY a sort of cage to put it in so that one can remove it put in a bucket and give it a good shake to remove any dirt trapped in there

You are living close to me so if help is needed please just PM me.

Back
Top Bottom