New cube for a new house

I would love an eating mandarin pair! Think it's a nice finishing touch to a tank... So will look into it. That's cool-we never know the agenda of the fish and why they 'school' together. That's the beauty of it-the uniqueness of every situation...

Good to hear your tank is in a stable condition!

I would love an eating mandarin pair! Think it's a nice finishing touch to a tank... So will look into it. That's cool-we never know the agenda of the fish and why they 'school' together. That's the beauty of it-the uniqueness of every situation...

Good to hear your tank is in a stable condition!

Jip, a pair would have been awesome.

Thanks

What could cause a sour smell to my tank? Last night I thought I imagined a sour smell in the room with the tank, but this morning the sour smell was more obvious. Smelling the tank I can confirm its definately coming from the tank. Any ideas?

What could cause a sour smell to my tank? Last night I thought I imagined a sour smell in the room with the tank, but this morning the sour smell was more obvious. Smelling the tank I can confirm its definately coming from the tank. Any ideas?

I found that one of my medium sized snails died and I think it was this along with the GHA subsiding that might have caused the smell. Did a water change last night and dosed special blend with the skimmer turned off overnight.

Jip, a pair would have been awesome.

Thanks

So something interesting, as mentioned above I have been looking for a female Mandarin for my current male in the tank but was worried about fighting as what other members have experienced with trying to pair them.

I found at the LFS last weekend what both myself and the LFS thought was a very small female and we decided that my male would hopefully accept it because she is tiny.

5 minutes into the tank they find each other and my male looked a little interested but showed no sign of aggression at all:thumbup:

But... the "female" when seeing my male lifted it's very large and manly fin and showed my that I was in fact mistaken, it's actually a boy! Luckily for me they are ignoring each other completely, even "hunting" close to each other.

I'm sure as the small one grows there might be issues so my plan is to fatten him up a bit and then perhaps sell or swop him.

So if anyone is interested let me know, I'm sure he will be ready to go in about 2 weeks time, perhaps he takes up the pellet eating thing from my male which would be awesome.

He has a lot of red color so very unique, that's why I bought it in the first place. I will see if I can get a picture tonight.

Just keep an eye on them.
When I got a female to try make a pair, they were fine at first, then all of a sudden the male started attacking her like crazy. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it, as he is so chilled out normally.

Are they eating frozen food at all?

Just keep an eye on them.
When I got a female to try make a pair, they were fine at first, then all of a sudden the male started attacking her like crazy. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it, as he is so chilled out normally.

Are they eating frozen food at all?

My large male eats live brine, frozen brine, frozen mysis as well as Formula One small pellets. Little one ate live brine yesterday, will see if I can get it on frozen.

The GHA is actually declining, I reckon I will be "clean" in the next month or so. Special Blend Pappa!

Got a Seneye recently, struggling a bit with the Wifi part of it but generally an excellent monitoring tool.

When it was connected to my laptop with an internet connection it sent an sms and email to me last weekend when the temp dropped below the set minimum.

The PAR LUx and Kelvin meter also is very interesting.

4943501238ad2a416.jpg

Wow!!!

Baie mooi tank Jaycee!!!

I can only hope to achieve a tank like this one day,,,, :blush:

Haha,,, patience is a virtue... ;)

O ja,,,
@Jayceew , jy sal maar die gras snyer uit die garage moet gaan haal... Kry sommer die wheateater ook... :)

Hope you guys enjoy tomorrow,,, would have loved to come, if only it wasn't for my best friend surprise party,,,

Definitely next time!! :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
2 new additions to the tank, small Emerald crabs.
Smallest one is about 1cm and other one 1.5cm so still tiny.
After aclimatising them they started eating GHA and cyano immediately after going in.
49435018d59f5baff.jpg

49435018d5afd3172.jpg

Back
Top Bottom