New corals for my Nano

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

OK. Time for a quick update on my Nano.

My nano has been running for approx 9 weeks now.
Water parameters are stable and as follows:

Temp = 27 deg C
pH = 8.4
KH = 10
Nitrate = 5
Nitrite = 0.01
Ammonia = 0
PO4 = 0 ( Less than 0.01)
Calcium = 410

I've added the following corals over the space of the last week. All seem to be doing great so far and exhibit full polyp extension where applicable.

(Sorry, my photographic skills are still developing so the pic's aren't that great):p

My green mushroom :

P1020789.jpg

Green button polyps :

P1020788.jpg

One of my favourite corals thusfar : Mycedium elephantotus (peacock , green eye)

This coral has been placed very close to the top of the tank , where there is a strong flow and high light concentration. I already noticed full polyp extension last night and some sweeper tentacle extensions .

P1020795.jpg

:thumbup:

looking great!!! hope they keep on striving :)

lol :)

Looking good man! Whats your total water volume?

Thanks Mek,

Total water volume is only 60 liters (Boyu TL450 Nano). Water changes of approx 15% every week without fail. No fish as yet.

A little small for mycedium perhaps, but then again I have placed it accordingly (light & flow) and it appears to be doing very well.:)

Thanks Mek,

Total water volume is only 60 liters (Boyu TL450 Nano). Water changes of approx 15% every week without fail. No fish as yet.

A little small for mycedium perhaps, but then again I have placed it accordingly (light & flow) and it appears to be doing very well.:)

All sounds cool :thumbup:

looking great :)

Hi Guys,

OK. I added some GSP's this week (Thanks Lanzo !!)

Also got myself a little bicolour blenny. (Thanks again Lanzo :thumbup: )
This little guy has an amazing amount of character ... for a fish .

He's still a little shy and moves too quickly for me to get a good pic, but I'll try again in a day or so. He seems to be eating well. At least whenever I see him. I currently feed him once a day on flakes. The rest of the time I see him nibbling away at the algae on the rocks .

GHA is still there , but I'm weeding almost daily and keeping up with regular waterchanges. It doesn't appear to be getting worse , so I suppose that's a good thing.

Little bits of cyano of the rocks and some dinoflagellates on the rocks and part of substrate. Absolutely yucky , slimy stuff !:p

GSP pic (Polyps are still small , but doing well) :

P1020833.jpg

Another pic of the mushrooms. Couldn't resist taking a pic since they were so fully expanded.

P1020853.jpg

And the biclour blenny (Well at least his head. Will try to get a full body pic.)

P1020861.jpg

Looking good Apollo, nice to see u finally got a fish in there ;) . The bicolor blenny was my first take inhabitant as well.

How about an updated full tank pic, curious to see what its looking like with all the new life. :whistling:

Looking good Apollo, nice to see u finally got a fish in there ;) . The bicolor blenny was my first take inhabitant as well.

How about an updated full tank pic, curious to see what its looking like with all the new life. :whistling:

Thanks Kunhardt,

A FTS will be posted soon. All you'll see on a FTS at present is lots of GHA and some corals :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Guys,

OK. As requested , herewith a FTS of what the Nano looks like at present.
Yes, there is some GHA and also some cyano :p
For now though it is under control and I keep on manually removing as much as I can daily.

Not much to see as yet, since the tank is only approx 12 weeks old and the corals are still quite small. A bit bland also in terms of colour since I haven't added any brightly coloured corals (or fish).
Unless of course you count the GHA and cyano as giving colour . :lol::lol:

First pic (Viewed from front)

P1020918.jpg

Next pic (Viewed from right side)

P1020916.jpg

Next pic (Viewed from left)

P1020932.jpg

Next pic (Viewed from right & front )

P1020938.jpg

P1020927.jpg

The biclour blenny will be the only fish for now. The aim with this Nano is to build a reef rather than a FOWLR system.
I am busy planning the next corals to go in. I'm looking for corals that will be suitable for the Nano while at the same time providing lots of colour.

:)

Even with the little GHA your tank still looks awesome Apollo, you should go into the aquascaping business. :p Nice to see your blenny out, took mine for ever to stop hiding every time i stepped in the room.

Oh and i am sure your blenny will also help with your GHA problem.

Even with the little GHA your tank still looks awesome Apollo, you should go into the aquascaping business. :p Nice to see your blenny out, took mine for ever to stop hiding every time i stepped in the room.

Oh and i am sure your blenny will also help with your GHA problem.

Thanks Kunhardt.

Much appreciated.

Yeah, the blenny is starting to mow down the GHA. He is making an absolute pig of himself. I can see this by the amount of fish **** that he neatly deposits on the rocks and substrate.:p

Funny thing about the blenny is that although he is pretty shy and seems to bolt for the nearest hole whenever I enter the room , he appears to enjoy "performing" for the camera. :lol:

I'll see if I can dig up some more shots of the blenny.

Looking good dude, nice LS. Need to sort out that GHA, time to scrub /cook those rocks

Back
Top Bottom