New Aquaria Nano

Reaction score
First off, Hello to everyone at MASA, I have just joined and am very impressed with the site and members!

I have decided to try my hand at nano reef keeping. I have had several tanks in the past but with my large DT cracking aswell as other things i retired from the marine hobby for a brief 2 years. When walking into my lfs the other day i saw this great little nano for R1400 and i couldn't resist buying it.

I set the tank up about 4 weeks ago with NSW and about 6 kgs of cured LR. I have a seio m620 in the display and a little DSB with some Chaeto in the refugium. I removed the filter floss and ceramic rings and replaced it with lots of small pieces of LR aswell as phosphate remover. Also do small weekly doses of Calcium.

Stock ( early days)
2 x turbo snails
1 x fire shrimp
6-7kgs live rock

FTS
52174e3990ad3eecb.jpg

Fuge with live rock, chaeto and DSB
52174e3990d255b53.jpg

Future mods
Auto top up...

:thumbup: Welcome, Nice for the marine bug to bite again, Those tanks are awesome.
Yours looking good, 4weeks in and no algae thats good man.

Welcome! Looks like an aquaria nano :)

Hi and welcome to MASA.

:thumbup: Welcome, Nice for the marine bug to bite again, Those tanks are awesome.
Yours looking good, 4weeks in and no algae thats good man.

At 4 weeks I didnt have any algae either but now i got lots of diatoms and red algae that looks like diatoms too.:whistling:

Welcome to MASA, glad you joined us :)

Welcome

:thumbup:masahello:thumbup:

Hi There:)
We are really glad to hear you are enjoying your Aquaria AMW37 Nano. It’s looking really good, well done...:yeahdude:please keep us up todate with new pic's
:thumbup:The Aquaria Team:thumbup:

Welcome to MASA......
:lol: darn was I the only one with algae at 4weeks...:lol:
I guess thats what you get with NSW...
Might be the die off from the live rock you added and not the NSW at all.

welcometomasa
any pics of the old tank?:thumbup:

Lekke, i got one for the counter at the shop and it's doing well. Once the refugium get's going it will be awsome!

:lol: darn was I the only one with algae at 4weeks...:lol:
I guess thats what you get with NSW...

Yeah could be die off, I set mine up on half NSW and half matured tank water with cured LR. With a quick quick cycle.:biggrin:

What is this...possibly some sort of whip coral, very small about 5mm in total so difficult to say.

With regards to previous pics i'll do some scratching around however after dropping my external down some stairs:eek: very unlikely!
52174e3e55e6a1cda.jpg

welcome to masa great to have you here:)

love the scape in that nano, just make sure you can still clean the sides easily, it looks like the LR might be too close to the glass.

lovely pic of that goniopora, such a lovely coral if you can keep them alive.

Back
Top Bottom