Need idea to stick polystyrene to glass

neo

Reaction score
Hi,
i'm in the process of insulating my sump because i have to much of a temp drop during the night.
I want to wrap it in polystyrene.
How can a stick the poly to the glass is such a way that i can remove it to clean the glass ?

yes i want to be able to clean the glass on the outside because i spill water and the polystyrene 'wrap' will not be a water-tight setup and thus water will go between the glass and polystyrene.
What i want to say is, I need a way of fixing the polystyrene to the outside of the glass in such a manner as to be able to remove and refit it without scraping glue and re-gluing things.

yes i want to be able to clean the glass on the outside because i spill water and the polystyrene 'wrap' will not be a water-tight setup and thus water will go between the glass and polystyrene.
What i want to say is, I need a way of fixing the polystyrene to the outside of the glass in such a manner as to be able to remove and refit it without scraping glue and re-gluing things.

Use self sticking (double sided) velcro. But I think you would still have to first have to stick the poly to a backing of sorts (maybe thin plywood) to make it a bit more "rigid'

Or yo can use a product called sisulation (flexible insulation) looks like silver bubble wrap

I have wrapped my sump in Polystyrene roofing boards. used PVC Sealer that they use on these boards when applying to roofs to seal it.

This PVC sealer is watertight and so you dont have to remove it as water cant go behind it, you use it like silicone.

Works very well. My sump started life as a Reptile Egg Incubator that I built.

Back
Top Bottom