Naso Tang

Neil H

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Please help with the id and cure /s for this fishes infection??

9114b14d7913623b.jpg

9114b14d7bbc1840.jpg

9114b14d7bb9fd65.jpg

9114b14d7bbb129b.jpg

thanks guys

Hi Neil - that looks like a bacterial infection from a physical sore.

I would put the fish in a low salinated (hypo-saline) solution, same temp and pH as the original water (actually - rather drop the salinity very slowly, over a period of a few days).

Then add some weak iodine/iodide solution. And feed the fish food which have been placed in some multivitamins....

thanks boet, will try that tonight

the fish is now in isolation, the wound looks neither better nor worse, for which i am glad considering the stress of a move to a quarentine tank of sorts. It shows no interest in Nori or GHA, however it is keen on pellets to a certain extent and went mad for pea's when i put a marine mix into the tank last night..... can i buy organic peas and feed this to the tang????????

Don't see why not. Have you had him for a while? Was he eating nori before? Peas obviously are not there natural diet so try mixing them with nori. When I first got my naso he wouldn't touch nori or anything else, then got red nori and ate straight away.

the fish is now in isolation, the wound looks neither better nor worse, for which i am glad considering the stress of a move to a quarentine tank of sorts. It shows no interest in Nori or GHA, however it is keen on pellets to a certain extent and went mad for pea's when i put a marine mix into the tank last night..... can i buy organic peas and feed this to the tang????????

Neil - IF the tang does not want to eat, then, I would say YES. If it would feed on pea's only, then do this for a short while. BUT, not long term....

Back
Top Bottom