Nano Fever

My son helping out with filling up:

P4230001.jpg

Bottom sump almost full.

P4230006.jpg

Water still a bit murky.

P4230008.jpg

I finished adding the water. The Sqwd came right after a while. I suspect a bubble was the culprit. I installed the new bigger pump. I also got my skimmer going as well as my phosphate reactor with some Phosphate Remover + GAC inside.

Water in. Still murky:

P4240001-1.jpg

Bottom sump working as expected:

P4240002-1.jpg

My C2C working like a dream:

P4240003-1.jpg

I get some nice surface turbulance, although not so visible in this photo:

P4240004.jpg

Galibore,

Awesome project, for me its all about doing it yourself, your project will make anybody want to do the same!

-E

Hey Galibore Very Very Cool.

This is going to look awesome !!

Well done so far :)

Thanks guys!

DR, your setup was the inspiration for this one. LOL... like a mini version of yours. Yours was the first one I saw with a C2C and I knew I had to do a C2C setup.

My modified Weipro:

P4210008.jpg
I'm just looking at your skimmer here, is there any way you can shorten the length of tubing from the pump into the skimmer, I am led to believe that this may increase the performance of the skimmer.

Mmm... good point. I will look into that as I have to change the pump in any case.

It's difficult to say Mekaeel, as there was long periods that I couldn't work on it. But I have been busy with it from January and have been planning from December. If you have the bucks and have planned everything, it shouldn't take longer that a few days.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. Appreciate the compliments.

Psycho, the photos were taken over a period of time since January. They were all still on photobucket, so it was easy.

I bought some purple macro algae from my LFS yesterday. Maybe someone can ID it for me. I know the pics aren't the best. It's really a nice color.

Under MH:

P5020006.jpg

Under Energy Savers:

P5030014.jpg

Added both my rocks to display. Will have to wait till end of month for more LR:

P5030015.jpg

P5030016.jpg

Starting to take shape now, nice. What corals are you thinking of keeping?

Thanks Viper,

I want to try my hand with one or two SPS to start with. If it doesn't work out, then I will have a softy/LPS mix setup. But this time I want to try and get some colour going.

Sounds good, is that a 20k bulb? and what make is it?

Back
Top Bottom