My "White Box" Controller

:lol: i'll give you some :peroni: and then you show me how to build one:lol:

how long did it take you to build this one?

I would like to see you build a PLC.:thumbup:

It is not so much the building it is the buying the PLC and programming it.

What I am interested in is using Probes with the PLC, switching light and pumps on and off is easy. What is nice about using a PLC I never forget to turn my pumps back on as the are all on a timer and will all ways start up 40min after I switch them off, I also have warning LED's going then a pump is switched off. (I tend to get distracted and then forget to switch them on.:blushing:)

Not fimiliar with the Mitsubishi. Some of the Siemens have analog inputs and some not, requiring an extra module.
With the analog input card on the Siemens, what i think is with the PH meter the Mv is to small for the PLC to pick it up i am looking into this. My plan is to get a industrial ph meter and send that to a HMI readout.

Cheeze! Very impressive dude.
Here's another alternative for the less techno-savvy among us. A locally made gizmo that does pretty much the same thing, comes with software and instructions, and at a reasonable price (R2400 retail). I agree though - IKS is also a good option for the non-hobbyists.

http://www.gsmcommander.com

Q

Thanks Guys

With the analog input card on the Siemens, what i think is with the PH meter the Mv is to small for the PLC to pick it up i am looking into this. My plan is to get a industrial ph meter and send that to a HMI readout.

You would probably have to use a linear amp to increase the signal, but this can be done easily.

Cheeze! Very impressive dude.
Here's another alternative for the less techno-savvy among us. A locally made gizmo that does pretty much the same thing, comes with software and instructions, and at a reasonable price (R2400 retail). I agree though - IKS is also a good option for the non-hobbyists.

http://www.gsmcommander.com

Q

I actually posted about the gsmcommander and the AutoBleep some time back, in my opinion, the gsm commander is a much better buy and it is reasonably priced, it essentially is a PLC with a GSM module, making it very handy, but this unit only set me back about R800-R900 to build, making it healthier for my pocket.;)

Ok see you put under Other Option, Ph monitor / controller. So when you doing this.

Just wondering I see you are controlling you lights so the PLC has a RTC. How many I/O's does it have?

Sorry only saw this now.

I don't have any real need to do this, but if you keen we can.

My current units have 8 input of which 2 are analog, 4 outputs & 12 inputs, 8 outputs respectively.

thats correct, got a connection at Siemens trying to organise me some cheap second hand units, but not sure what price they will come in at.

Guys if you are looking for cheap very easy to programme PLC have you heard about the Delta they are very well priced.I have the software and cables for anyone that gets the plc.

thats correct, got a connection at Siemens trying to organise me some cheap second hand units, but not sure what price they will come in at.

Many thanks for this info Justin - please keep me posted. I will definitely be interested.... (in the PLC's/controllers)...
Many thanks.

Hey lIghty - I just found this thread again! What happened to this?

Please update us?

Has been running, but currenty not connected due to the move, I'll be reconfiguring it in the next week or so to run the PLCs in conjunction with the GSM Commander for even better flexiblity and control.

Back
Top Bottom