my tank, eventually

also found this ugly bugger. think its a gorilla crab. he looks worse when hes in the water(full of hair). in the sump on dsb now. can he do any harm there?
21084ad61c8cd2f6c.jpg

21084ad61c9f39e2e.jpg

just one question.
the cleaner shrimp that`s been in the tank for 2 weeks claimed his peace of land at the back of the tank on the glass, since i added the foxface, he disappeared... think he might be scared and never come out again or might it just be that he`s shy of the new one?

great durleo, will keep an eye out for him.
Thanx.
Another Q- water changes are very important for reef tanks to replenish the trace elements. What about a fowlr tank, is there much thats consuming the trace element? If all parameters are good, what percentage waterchanges are still necessary? Maybe a stupid Q but hey, i'm still new and here to learn the right way....

Another Q- water changes are very important for reef tanks to replenish the trace elements. What about a fowlr tank, is there much thats consuming the trace element? If all parameters are good, what percentage waterchanges are still necessary? Maybe a stupid Q but hey, i'm still new and here to learn the right way....[/quote]

I think you still have to maintain the 10% a week for a while. I have heard that once a tank is mature the guys stretch it a bit. Your system will still be using calcium and magnesium for corraline algae.

thanx warr, trying hard but will be a stunner one day. Hopefully....
Thanx durleo, will keep it up. Have been doing big water changes the last two months. Roughly25 percent a week. Might cut down a bit now. Good news, i found one of my cleaner shrimps. Hopefully will see the other one soon too.

I Think that you should do at least 10% every second week. If you can afford it, every week.
Don’t think it matters what you keep. Any organism produces waste material and it should get some fresh water to keep it healthy. It’s like living in a house with a group of people without ever opening any windows. You wound die, but you will also not be a very happy camper.

Back
Top Bottom