My softies

Wow Ed, awesome even better then when I saw it about a year ago, realy awesome

some pix of my engine room. i'm lucky to have a spare room for all my fiters. not the neatest, but is works :)

my skimmer
Picture049.gif

my CArx
Picture050.gif

Got one big sump (1000L) that feeds both my tanks.
Picture051.gif

WOW! Ed, that's one HUGE mother of a skimmer! BUT, NOTHING beats length (being tall) when you'r a skimmer! time of bubble contact is THE best option when it comes to skimmer! AWESOME MAN! Also - VERY interesting idea for a sump! What size (litres) is this sump of yours? Also - how do you compartementalize this sump?

Also - Ed - how do you stop that macro algae from getting into your pumps and stopping the water from entering your pumps?

i only have one compartment, both tank flow into it first (the skimmer pump is in there 2). the return pumps have spongecovers, so the caulerpa doesnt get in. the sump is filled with critters and they get sucked up into my 2 tanks. i dont even have to feed my antias, they get enough food though the sump. i cull my caulerpa once every 2-3 weeks. this colony is about 2 years old now

You should se the tank IRL. Pictures are good but IRL still beat them. I have the privilege of seeing that tank once a month.

I must agree with this - Eddie's tank is really something to behold :thumbup: and the photos really don't do it justice.

Here's to a really exceptional aquarist, and a GREAT person :1:

Hennie

thats way the xenia is clapping that hard!
i'll also be pumping when my sump is bigger than my tank.

Shot dude!! very very cool.
where do you live?

wow ed, i love your engine room, wish i had such space, really awesome setup you have there dude! :thumbup:

are you from SA?

Back
Top Bottom