My quest has started!!!

Reaction score
HI all

It has eventually happened,i went to pick up my LR on saturday and that promoted me to kick my behind into gear and get started. I have at last started filling the tank. It will take me at least 3 more days to fill it up as we know how slow RO's are.

My goals for this tank is for it to be dominated by softies,zoas and mushrooms. Its 1800*450*450 and on a 850 high metal stand for now until i can get the cabinet made. Pics to follow tomorrow.

Well Done!! Keep us posted;)

so if the tank is going to be full on the current stand you will then have to empty it again to move it right?
I dont understand i am confused?

Sounds like a wicked tank setup you going for, good luck

Last edited:
Looking forward to this :)

AAAARG:p i forgot to copy the pics to the memory stick went and made a folder copied all the relevent pics and then never bring them, oh well tomorrow then.
Progress so far, tank is 90% full as i left the tap running the entire night so this morning was able to fill in over 100 litres. all temporory piping is done and heater is in and switched on. by tonight should be 100% full and will be adding salt.

Now for questions - after i mix the salt to the right salinity can i add the live rock in or does my PH have to be perfect as well as i do not have a test yet for PH? also would it be a good idea to mix in the old salt water that the live rock is in currently?

Hay andreas pic will hopefully come tomorrow.

List of my equipment so far is:
TS2 skimmer
Haleia 2880Lph return pump
I have bought 4*80W t5 and 1*54 dual for the lighting only ballast tubes and endcaps to come next month. will be getting 2*10 000K and 2*20 000K and 2*8500K(54W) tubes
Will be looking for Seios after that.
Will also be having a Remote Refugium as well as a RDSB in a bucket

Now for questions - after i mix the salt to the right salinity can i add the live rock in or does my PH have to be perfect as well as i do not have a test yet for PH? also would it be a good idea to mix in the old salt water that the live rock is in currently?

Guys about these questions?:whistling:

Good question.

I would like to know as well guys, for when i eventually get water into my tank.

After your temp is right and you added your salt to the right amount, let it run a few hours to make sure all salt dissolved before checking your salinity. You should add your rock to start the cycle. Hope there's not any coral frags or pieces on the LR? I wouldn't add the old water from the rock. You don't know where that water comes from or what was/is in it. Unless you made the water yourself to cycle the LR so long before putting it in your tank.

sorted thanks gents. Tobes there is nothing on the rock as it is fully cured and was in a black bucket for a few months

Cool, let your patience be tested :razz:

Back
Top Bottom