My new tank

The first chamber is for a pump for my alge scrubber and it wil be hard to let the skimmer flow directly over the dsb without disturbing it,but mainly for my skimmer

Yes that is what im planning,im going to have my overflow conected directly to my skimer as well as my sump with balvalves on both coz my return pump is 2500 l/h and I think thats a bit too much for a reefoctopus dnw 110 so will let half go through my skimmer and half directly to the sump

Pictures

Here is a design of my stand tank and sump,please comment,stand will be 75 cm high and the tank is standard 3ft,please also help to see if stand will be strong enough,mainly built out of 25x25mm square tube with 50x25mm tubing at the top
Untitled-2.jpg

Here is a pic of the floodlight for my sump,got it for R29 at macro can you believe that
01052009001.jpg

And a pic of my dnw 110 I got second hand but still in nice condition
01052009.jpg

Just a small update,sump is filled and running with my playsand dsb,wil only conect the dt after the holiday since i still need to bring alot of my stuf up from PTA,wil post some pics soon

Sorry Frans - I could not comment earlier on. BUT, that stand / tank and sump design looks good....

How about some pics of "the real thing"?

The DNW-110 is a good skimmer, congrats!

11052009001.jpg

11052009002.jpg

11052009.jpg

wil post pics later of the filled sump,im thinking is it really needed to add base bio rock when using a playsand substrate or wil liverock on the substrate be fine

hey franske, that is indeed looking good. sorry i missed the post about stand design. Like the height you have on the stand too, nice not to have to bend to look into the tank :)

and as jacques says, thats a good skimmer, will be nice when you are cycling and getting stuff in there.

what equpiment do you have comming from pta?

Ive got my lifetech ap3500 return pump,only running the sump now on a 1000l/h pump,and two 39w t5s,planning to add two more all with reflectors,seio m620 and sunsun vibrator 5000l/h,planning to add a scrubber aswell,going with playsand in the DT as substrate,is it really needed to put biorock as base or is liverock directly on the substrate okay?

Me too, dunno how I missed this thread, maybe the mods have been hiding it :)whistling:). Really a nice size sump you have there for the display tank Frans

Yes I want to do things properly this time so I already have a 55x32x14 cm dsb,and the skimmer is also a nice size for this tank,I rather decided to go a bit smaller and get proper equipment,I assume the 4 39w t5s would be enough to keeep almost anything in this size tank,

-Any help on the question regarding the substrate and biorock?

Back
Top Bottom