My First Marine Tank! And so it begins!

Reaction score
Hi All

So I'm pretty new to the marine world and I'm starting off pretty small. I've got a Magicwave102 from AquariaSA (appox 110litres).

I've had my tank running for a month, then I introduced 2 molly's to mature the water and then snails. A month later I now put in some fish and a coral. This is what I've got:

2x Ocellaris Clownfish (+/- 2cm)
1x Black Clownfish (+/- 2.5cm)
2x Blue-Green Chromis (+/- 3cm)
4x Sea Snails
2x Cleaner Shrimp
1x hermit crab (blue legged)

1x Goniopora coral (the golf ball looking one)

1x Large Artificial Rock

4x Small Live rock pieces

The marine fish are still looking good. It's been over 2 weeks thus far. I guess I'm still learning from scratch so any advise would be awesome.

I'd like suggestions as well on whether plants would grow on my artificial rock? And what's the best approach to take (buy frags perhaps?)? Also what coral frags should I go for?

And also what do I do with the Molly's now? They still swimming around taking up space :m01:

PS. I know I took a brave step by going for a Goniopora. Just gota ride the wave and see what happens

DSC_0755.jpg

DSC_0755.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome!

PS. I know I took a brave step by going for a Goniopora. Just gota ride the wave and see what happens

get your self a turkey baster and TLF Goniopower food for them

Welcome to MASA
Tank is 100litres, take it slow with the stocking off fish. Is your skimmer still filling the display area with micro-bubbles?
What are you running in the back chamers?

get your self a turkey baster and TLF Goniopower food for them

I've got a syringe and some coral food. Will need to get the Goniopower. Thanks

Tank is 100litres, take it slow with the stocking off fish. Is your skimmer still filling the display area with micro-bubbles?
What are you running in the back chamers?

It's a Nano tank so isn't it pretty standard what runs behind? I'll have a look tonight for the micro-bubbles...was it supposed to have any? I can't recall seeing any recently

Nope you can change its as you like. Mine is 5 months old and still giving off micro bubbles into the display. Is your water level correct? Is the skimmer skimming?

Shouldn't be getting macro bubbles after 5months.
I got a Nano 37 from Aquaria.
Maybe @Aquaria-SA can give some input on this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope you can change its as you like. Mine is 5 months old and still giving off micro bubbles into the display. Is your water level correct? Is the skimmer skimming?

Is the micro bubbles by the skimmer only or in dt. Mine is running for 4 1/2 weeks and hardly any bubbles. Chk with aquaria sa for a fix.

Is the micro bubbles by the skimmer only or in dt. Mine is running for 4 1/2 weeks and hardly any bubbles. Chk with aquaria sa for a fix.

It is floating back into the display.
Going to upgrade to a better skimmer soon, only have two fish in the tank but lots of coral.

Back
Top Bottom