My cosy corner

Tobes

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
I bought this corner tank from a fellow reefer middle last year, had it up for sale for some time, no one really showed interest so I thought I'll set it up until my cube project takes off later, maybe even keep it running...

Tank is 165 liters and sump about 40, so total volume just over 200 liters excluding the live rock and skimmer space. Tank and sump in black silicon.
Still need to do the wood around the stand and underneath the sump (when cleaning sump while doing a water change)
I got some Seachem Purigen in a housing with a pump in the middle compartment.
Reef Octopus kalkstirrer.
Reeftek TS1 skimmer
Light unit is Vertex Illuminux LED (awesome!) and two Rio blue moon leds for night
Got a little 220V fan doing the cooling which does a great job.
Flow - two Seio prop 1000's
Few kg of live rock
Indo-Pacific black and white arag-alive

Most of the live stock has been running in my round skimmer tank and I transferred everything over using stability - no losses. Other tank ran for 8 months, this one for 2 months but taking things slowly

Live stock so far is

Zoa frags - red and green
Some pally's
A red monti frag which is doing great
Some shrooms
Some other pally's :p
Some star pollyps
3 pistol shrimps
1 coral bandid shrimp
Some bi-valves in the rock, etc
5 or 6 hermits
Small black sea cucumber
A few local sea stars
Only two fish - coral beauty and a fairy or flasher wrasse

So, a cheapish setup :p

Here the tank and sump

4644f5a21f18219b.jpg

Running two months now

4644f5a24b58d6f9.jpg

4644f5a24b594bf5.jpg

4644f5a24b59bd46.jpg

4644f5a24b5a2e82.jpg

4644f5a24b5acece.jpg

Newest addition is the wrasse, have him for two weeks now and he is doing very well

4644f5a26cce0131.jpg

4644f5a26cce7a4a.jpg

One of the pistols

4644f5a26ccf129f.jpg

Awesome light unit this Vertex - great colour

4644f5a28eed1390.jpg

Last edited:
nice looking tank:) im not sold on the mixed substrate to be honest, does it look good in tank though?

Yes it looks good, better than in the pics - it's something different. You buy it mixed already :)

looking good tobes
nice setup

Thanks, now that I see your avatar, there was one once that said something about getting a serious ass woopin with more or less the same pic - looking for that one if you see it

Oh, that used to be Bonzai old system. His username is relevant, that is why he design it to be that low.

interesting idea, the geyser drip pan under the sump.

Yes it was his. Not a geyser drip pan, it's the lid of one of those plastic squarish type bins. It helped once, cause I flooded the sump :whistling:

Tank + stand is just over a 1m high, tank is shallow at 350mm

Nice little setup @Tobes !!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys. Got two ocellaris clowns today, some metallic green star pollyps and red mushrooms :)

looks awesome tobes!
thats an awesome tank

hey Tobes - it doesnt look like you have a dsb...or am i confused?

No DSB, filtration is just the live rock, skimmer, some purigen in the little flow through pump in the centre chamber. I dose a little of Seachem Stability now and then and do regular water changes.
That area in the sump is too small for a DSB anyway.

Back
Top Bottom