My 3 Side viewable tank

Nice tank Dallas. Let me know if you ever going to frag those yellow zoas in the pic with the cleaner wrasse and regal tang.

will do :)

okie the tank has settled, got my nitrates to 0 and every coral has doubled in size

th_IMG00221-20110410-2110.gif

th_IMG00222-20110410-2110.gif

th_IMG00223-20110410-2110.gif

th_IMG00224-20110410-2110.gif

Very nice dallasg.

Hows the Bio load on the tank?
Everything looks great in the tank.

Ive got a little problem, dont know if i can add more fish or not.
Id realy want to add a diamond gobie and 2 x shrimps.

But dont know if its save.

Cw out:thumbup:

hey, thanks!
let me check your thread and will comment there :)

the bioload is heavy, but i have a large skimmer, and run GFO and Carbon with a large DSB and zeolites

hey, thanks!
let me check your thread and will comment there :)

the bioload is heavy, but i have a large skimmer, and run GFO and Carbon with a large DSB and zeolites
Ok cool.

Ive got a Reeftek TS2 skimmer, also running Carbon, DSB about 400 x 300 x 120.
Ive also got some macro algea and chato in the DSB.

Whats GFO and zeolites?

GFO = granular ferox oxide, RowaPhos is the trade name
zeolites are a media that house bacteria in the zeo reator, you dose bacteria etc
look at Home - Zeovit

GFO = granular ferox oxide, RowaPhos is the trade name
zeolites are a media that house bacteria in the zeo reator, you dose bacteria etc
look at Home - Zeovit
Cool

What ever those things are. hehe

Soz man but im still a newbie at reef keeping so dont know alot.
I do know that i want to get my water perameters down and some up so i can get the best environment for my reef.

So what do you think about what ive got in my tank so far?
Must i post a list?

Should we move this to PM or to my post?
Dont wana infect your thread with loads of Q`s man.

no prob, just reading through your thread and re-looking, been following it but my memory is bad, i will post in yours

no prob, just reading through your thread and re-looking, been following it but my memory is bad, i will post in yours
Great stuff. Thanx man

Ja ive also looked at yours.
Some days i just look at ppl`s threads and see what they have and how they do things.

oki and bad news update!
i had the power cable from my skimmer pump come loose in the water and one from the sunsun powerhead... i found this out when i stuck my hands in the sump, after i woke up 5min later from electrocuting myself i swopped them out and added a earth line to the tank.

i lost 80% of the corals and 1 shrimp, so this weekend i am redoing the whole setup and changing the sump slowly to skimmer and reef-bio pellets and GAC filter only

oki and bad news update!
i had the power cable from my skimmer pump come loose in the water and one from the sunsun powerhead...

Do not understand how this can happen. The cord that comes with the equipment is normally long enough so that joins are outside. Or am I missing something?

Glad you are ok though.

Last edited:
where the actual cable goes into the pump came loose, on to the coil

i will get pics from my cousin

Back
Top Bottom