Moving Sump

thank goodness, finished my move, but I am very upset with you guys !!!!!!! I can actually not believe it......

YOU GUYS DIDN'T TELL HOW HEAVY THIS FRIKIN THING IS.,.... LOL, AT LEAST A GOOD WORK OUT., Thanx alot for all your help, much appreciated.:thumbup:

How big is your DSB - coz you must think of the weight!
You were saying.......:razz::lol: - I think I'm moving my stuff around again soon ... since you like the workout I'll give you a buzz ... You can help me move my "baby sump" 1400mmx500mmx500mm :rofl:

Last edited:
That is why I said you should drain the top water.

Wet sand it heavier that heavy...

I did drain the top water, still to carry it 3 floors down and then 2 floors up aint no joke.

hehe, yea a pretty good workout too, you should try it :razz::biggrin:

No thanks. My new setup, the DSB is about 1m by .6m. Nope, no way I will be able to move that.

Rather, I hope I never have to.

i am little fortunate ... i just get my 6 guys who work for me some pap wors and some "cooldrink" then anythings moveable! Ask Scuba - we made his 2m monster look like a nano cube - although he was stressing all the way

Last edited:
hehe, sounds like fun, at least you have someone that can labor, good work man...

I'm in Durbs in two weeks time and have to save up some $$$$$ to take them along - want to bring back some sea sand (3 x 90Ltr utility boxes) and some other goodies - must have enough money for their "cooldrink":peroni::lol:

will you be catching or harvestin anything ?
Unfortunately a trip to the beach is like a lucky packet - Some trips are successful and some days you lucky if you can even find a hermit or snail..... I'm hoping to come back with some livestock but you never know:whistling:

I'm in Durbs in two weeks time and have to save up some $$$$$ to take them along - want to bring back some sea sand (3 x 90Ltr utility boxes) and some other goodies - must have enough money for their "cooldrink":peroni::lol:

Chika, best seasand at Umdloti - very find sand, like reggies playsand.
Posted via Mobile Device

Well its been a month in, move went, setup went, watched it, and I lost:

1 small lion fish - mayb bout 20mm long not a big fish....towards the end of week 2 he passed away.
1 Powder Blue Tang - Had a case of whitespot at the time of the move, relatively early in week 2

Then I bought a boxin shrimp; yea yea I know :wave2:, killed my fire shrimp and cleaner (actually took his heart out.....:shuriken:), anyway

So on Wednesday this past week he also for some mysterious reason didnt wake up in the AM, so somewhere is a problem but what?

Now what survived was the clown, long tentacle nenni, hammer tip, sun coral, clam, urchin, some crab, snails, brain coral, dancin shrimp.

Then I went and bought a Fire Scallop, 2 small cleaners, 2 really flat crab that get all up in the algea's faces ( i'll get the name of them crab), some polyps.

I am broadcast feeding, phyto, zooplankton, frozen miso, small pieces of fish to the nenni.

I am busy preparing water samples so I will post them in a few minutes.

My question is the following, this is actually embarrasin, I need to move again :035:, but at least not far away, only like 12 k's or something.

So should I rather wash my sump through for rather a fresh start ? cause I see on my dsb there is alot of debris "brownish", can see some worms in the sand, but the debris on the top bothers me a little

IMG0103A.jpg

Any ideas ? o shit yea bout the moving part too please.

Ok here are my water params:

Refractometer

sg 1.024 - 025
Salinity 34 - 35 ppt

Taken with Sera Aqua Test Marine

ph 8 -8.5
no2 1mg/l
nh4 0 mg/l
n03 50 g/l
ca 440
kh 8- 10
mg 1560
cu 0 mg/l
po4 0 mg/l

Taken with Red Sea Test Lab

sio2 0 ppm

Bad huh, :oops::imsorry:

If the urchin survived, then your move went well. Well water parameters wise. No SW swing or such things. They are very sensitive to that. As well as your other invertebrates like your cleander shrimp.

Bad luck on the other.

If you have hermits, put one or three depending on size on the DSB for a couple of days. They will clear the extra detritus settlement on top of the sand.

The Fire Scallops do not last long in a marine tank. So one day when they go, do not worry. Its "normal"

o ok, thanx for the reply, I shall put a hermit or two in the sump, thanx fort he advice.

Back
Top Bottom