Moving my 2400L system to new house.

RiaanP

Reaction score
As the tile says... We re moving house soon... What a stupid decision.

1200L Display tank
600L Refugium / DSB
200L Cryptic tank
200L Water Change tank
200L RO tank
100L Frag grow out tank
100L sump.
180L hospital / holding tank.

Will update this thread as we go along....

Good luck ... Im sure you have lots of planning to do.

Last edited:
First step. Got a big secondhand tank to be used as a temporary holding tank. 2.5m by 700 by 700m.

1619084361705.png

With glued on substrate to the back... Plus got internal filters both sides. All to be removed.

Cleaning it up

Left it as is on the trailer

Substrate everywhere...

Last edited:
Good luck :m106:

Sign me up for that tank once you done with it.:lol: Looks soild:slayer:

Yeah, will it depends, the temporary tank might just become my future display tank. They are the same volume. Depends how each will fit in the room where we want to place it. If the shorter 2.5 fits better than the current 3.2m display. Will see once we get keys.

The plan is to put the temporary tank in the garage, set it all up. Then move livestock over when ready. Then I can move the old system without worrying about fish and corals. will see how that goes.

Yeah, will it depends, the temporary tank might just become my future display tank. They are the same volume. Depends how each will fit in the room where we want to place it. If the shorter 2.5 fits better than the current 3.2m display. Will see once we get keys.

The plan is to put the temporary tank in the garage, set it all up. Then move livestock over when ready. Then I can move the old system without worrying about fish and corals. will see how that goes.
Following a long to see how it turns out:m106:
I can only dream of having a tank that size:lol:

Hey Riaan,

I feel your pain as I just moved from where you last visited, moved most of my tanks so far besides the last 2, the corner tank and 700L, in addition to last seeing you I have added 4 tanks to the "COLLLECTION", 2500x600x600 , 1200x1200x600,1200x550x550 and 1200x550x450. Physically I am pooped as this was more like moving an ocean than just a tank.

Good luck with the move and transport, hope all goes well and safe.

not yet... was busy moving my garage. That's now done. Next up is my bar, solid sleeper unit... very heavy. Then I will start with the hospital tank and frag tank. Not even sure at the moment if I will keep the frag tank or not. Might end up soon in the for sale section.

Pictures will follow.

not yet... was busy moving my garage. That's now done. Next up is my bar, solid sleeper unit... very heavy. Then I will start with the hospital tank and frag tank. Not even sure at the moment if I will keep the frag tank or not. Might end up soon in the for sale section.

Pictures will follow.
Wow. :m33: that bar sounds like it's going to be a huge pain to move.

Back
Top Bottom