Moving an anemone??

Reaction score
Anemone

Hi Guys,

Quick question our anemone has made itself very at home on the side of the tank, I want to move it on to the rocks in the middle of the tank, but I dont know how to move it without harming it, even on the rocks it will have sufficent lighting its just that it doesnt really look so great on the side of the tank as its erm bum is showing to our lounge :blush:

Please if you have any advice on moving it it would be fantastic, I really dont want to harm it in any way though so if its better to leave it as it is I will do so.

Also makes it difficult to clean the algae off the glass

:please:

Last edited:
What type of anemone, question might seem strange but will help you placing it in a suitable area, which is not guaranteed? If anemones are unhappy, they will move.

Maybe there is not sufficient light where you want it and that's why it is climbing onto the glass in search for a spot with stronger lighting.and even if you remove it and place it on the rock it will still move around the tank looking for its perfect spot.

it moved to where it is after we put it in the tank its a new anemone only got it on sundy and we were silly and put it away from the light, then it moved to where it is, i know if I put it on the rocks it will get the same light as where it is now because its pretty much the same level, if not better

its a Magnificent Sea Anemone ( Heteractis Magnificent Sea Anemone ) we only bought it on sunday and didnt realise it needed to be close to the light ( fairly new at all this ) and I put it in the tank at the base, it then moved from there to the glass, I know it will be fine on the rocks as there is enough lighting etc.

Bud i am sure you are going to get a load of flack for purchasing an anemone as a newbie.

Please post a pic and lets see how best to help save the anemone.

You should give it a few days for it to settle down and find a spot it is comfortable with.they like strong lighting and sometimes may be irratated by strong flow.how long has your tank been running?

Also we need to know how long your tank has been running as well as specs and water parameters.

What lights do you have?

As much info as you can think of.

I was also In this position when I introduced my nennie
Was advised to use a card to gently slide underneath it , almost like scraping glass
Eventually got it off and managed to settle him on live rock

Nerve racking and lots of patience
Good
Luck

Hay man I would not move it unless its to save his life he might be happy there just my 2cent

Back
Top Bottom