ML, One big money taker

ID Please!

Hi
I was wondering what on earth is this ?
114549d5a0a20f49b.jpg

Hi Morne, jou tank lyk baie mooi

As ek jou bietjie raad kan gee. As jy 'n paar rand het, gaan koop Reggies speelsand - dit kos R40 vir 20kg. Dan haal jy stadig daai growwe crushed coral uit. Haal omtrent 'n derde uit, nie meer as helfte nie, en sit die nuwe sand in, wag ten minste 'n week voor jy weer uithaal - anders gaan jy dalk die bakterie in jou tank te vinnig verloor, so jy moet hulle 'n kansie gee om weer op te bou en in die nuwe sand in te trek. Jy gaan van jou rotse moet rondskuif na een kant toe totdat dit reg is om weer anderkant toe te skuif as jy daai kant wil vervang. Dit sal ook jou alge probleem oplos en jou tank gaan baie mooier lyk en jou water gaan beter wees. Onthou net om die sand goed te was voor jy dit insit - dit moet wit wees as jy klaar gewas het.

Hi Morne, your tank looks really nice

If I may give you a little advice. If you have a few rand, go buy Reggies playsand. It costs R40 for a 20kg bag. Then you slowly remove that coarse crushed coral and replace it with the sand. Take out a third or half and wait a week or 2 inbetween. You will have to move the rocks to do one side and after a week to the other side. The tank will look much cleaner and this will also prevent algae from getting out of hand. Just remember to wash the sand until its white.

Tobes can't I add the playsand/ argonite on top of my curent subgrate?
And thanx

And thanx

no as this traps detris and all the kuk that you want to get rid of. if this stays in the tank it greats a bigger problem and your PO4 levels keep rising. as tobes said slowly remove it, syphon the remaining detris out and then add the reggies sand once you have washed it well. trust me it will make the tank look realy nice and more like the ocean.

this will also help you to lower your PO4 levels and get rid of all the algae:thumbup:

Hi
Forgot to ask if I can use some plaster sand (pleister sand) in a DSB or as my subgrade. Did you lot know you can make your own suger fine argonite just use a hammer and a old towel. Will post pic's

And thanx

No Morne, the whole idea is to get rid of that substrate - cause that will give you lots of problems, already is. Don't use any sand, you don't know what is in it or where it comes from. I have no experience with plaster sand, someone else to help out here?

You can use plaster sand, just make sure you wash it properly and rinse it thoroughly before you add it to your tank

Hi all
just wanted to know how can you link 2 sumps to each other with out having them driled.

How much will a sump cost me to make from skrath not DIY. A total of 5 canpartments size doesn't matter so long if it's not 1.5m 400by 530 high

'n probleem

Hi
My probleme is that I have a DSB now but I can't link my new sump to my old one how can this be done corectely and not flood our dinning room.

PS Would you guys like to see my smaller \ my dad's tank

Regards
ML

Hi
Why is everybody not posting anything on my treand what did I do wrong this time?
ML

No problems ML, just not easy to get to every post in a day. Also, some members including myself does not always have the answers to your questions, or some other member's questions for that matter, and rather not post than posting invaluable information. Rather wait for the more experienced guys to post or the guys that knows more or less how to connect sumps or the price for a new sump, unfortunately I have never done it before, so I cannot comment.

Back
Top Bottom