Urgent help needed Mi all the tank(suddenly)

Reaction score
hi Everybody

My Tank Have White Spot

Ammonia : 0
Nitrate :0
Ph :8.3

1 Yellow Tang (meduim)
1 Powder Blue Tang (meduim)
2 Black Tomato
2 Damsels
1 Fox Face
2 Cleaner Shrimp
1 Coral Banded Shrimp

Some Hermits And 2 Stars

I Do 10% Wc Every Week From Ro Filter

What Should I Do ?

Please Advice

Amin

Hey there buddy ... this could have to do with the introduction of the boxer shrimp.... did you quarantine him before you put him in your tank? Also the fish could be stressing because of the new shrimp....

How big is the tank again? I see you have a powder blue, they are very prone to white spot, especially when stressed or unhappy.
Posted via Mobile Device

I Do 10% Wc Every Week From Ro Filter

This concerns me more than the white spot - do you mean that you change 10% of the tank water with RO water every week, or with SALT water made from RO water and commercial sea salt?

Hennie

This concerns me more than the white spot - do you mean that you change 10% of the tank water with RO water every week, or with SALT water made from RO water and commercial sea salt?

Hennie

of course with salt instant ocean

I see you have a powder blue, they are very prone to white spot

that is right

i noticed that but i didnt beleve

but i have a question

do white spot that come from stress infect the tank mates???

of course with salt instant ocean
Well, that's a relief - what you posted was "RO water", what you meant to say was "salt water made with RO"... quite a difference! Many beginners do not know about this, and either do evaporation top ups with salt water, or use RO water for water changes... this little exercise in confirming that you are actually doing it right has wasted both my time and your time - PLEASE ensure that in future you post ACCURATE, DETAILED information (and this goes for everyone...).

Just stating: "my tank has white spot" is also not giving enough information - you had Anemone confused about whether your FISH had white spot, or if there were white spots in your tank (as per another recent thread... where the person actually HAD spots on the wall of his tank). Not giving info as to how old the tank is, when the last fish was introduced, filtration, the size of the tank, etc. still makes it impossible for us to give meaningful advise.

Hennie

Last edited:
sorry with misunderstanding

this tank is almost 2 years old

it is 255 ltr

last fish introduced was the powder blue tang 3 month ago

but i introduced a boxer shrimp 2 days ago

this tank with an external filter

i did examed the water 30 minutes ago

ammonia 0
nirite 2 mg
nitrate 0
ph 8.3

tempreture : 28

i changed this afternoon 10 % of the water
please advice

Last edited:
Salinity?

may it is a wrong idea that this salinity is healthy for the fish and limit the white spot a little
this tank is not reef tank it is almost fo tank

the other tank 565 l is mashroom reef tank

:lookhere:
Hey there buddy ... this could have to do with the introduction of the boxer shrimp.... did you quarantine him before you put him in your tank? Also the fish could be stressing because of the new shrimp....

could be like that chikaboo

and could be my youngest son over fed them

i am about the reason

almost two years tank never had ich good mentenence for the tank how on earth could have this white spot so suddenly

Correct me if wrong guys ... whitespot is like a ticking timebomb ... its always there just waiting to explode ... kind of like how a person has "stress pimples" ... if a person is troubled too much one can break out into these pimples or extreme and uncontrolable situations as bad as pysorisis - just looking at whats new in the tank and what has changed recently - overfeeding I doubt would cause this and if there was rotting food due to overfeeding you would be having amonia spikes by now.... My money is on the new kid on the block....

may it is a wrong idea that this salinity is healthy for the fish and limit the white spot a little

No, that salinity will not limit marine white spot at all, and is bad for the long-term health of the fish. We use hypo-salinity as a short term medical treatment for sick fish, and it works very well for white spot, but then the salinity must be much lower.

this tank is not reef tank it is almost fo tank

OK, if it's a fish only tank then it makes it a lot easier to treat your fish:

If possible, and if you have a large enough tank already set up for this, remove all the fish to this "quarantine/hospital" tank. If not possible, then you must remove all your invertebrates (shrimps, crabs, snails, corals, anemones - whatever inverts you have) from your tank, and house them in a separate tank (and not in your reef tank if you have any fish in that tank, else they could infect the reef tank as well). Then drop the salinity of the FO tank by doing small water changes, replacing the normal tank water with RO (fresh) water. Important is to add enough buffer to the RO water to ensure that the tank's pH remains in the range 8.0 - 8.4, and the hardness remains above 7 dkh.

Drop the salinity over a period of 1-2 days to a SG of 1.009 at a temperature of 26-27°C, making sure that your SG reading is correct. Keep all the fish at this reduced salinity for three weeks, and then SLOWLY increase the salinity back to normal (1.025 at 26°C) by replacing the evaporated water with salt water (not RO) every day.

Keep in mind that you must treat ALL your fish, not only those with spots.

Good luck.

Hennie

Back
Top Bottom