Media Reactor

JS

Reaction score
Hi All

I have built my own media reactor to fit into the back compartment....thinking compartment 2/3 - 2 currenlty houses a bit of filter floss, and a floating bag of purigen, and 3 has a refugium with cheato and a light.

What i would like to know is in what sequence should I have the media:

so from the bottom up. (water also flows from the bottom of reactor upward and out)

Water IN
Sponge/Filter
Carbon
Sponge/Filter
Phosguard
Sponge/Filter
Purigen
Sponge/Filter
Water OUT

I basically just want the water to be directed trought the media, instead of just floating it in bags and hoping it works.....

Any ideas and comments would be appreciated..... :)

Only problem with having different types of media in the same reactor is that they need to be changed at different times since the one may get exhausted before the others. To make this a little easier put your media in bags inside the reactor so that you can easily remove the one you want without the other media going everywhere.

But your order seems to be ok.

seems good, instead oof sponge between layers, rather use a mesh netting, it will help with the flow and effectiveness of the media and wont clog

Thanks guys.

Will be sending off all the drawing to the laser cutters today.....hopefully in acouple of days time I will be able to post some pics! :)

Back
Top Bottom