Maxspect Razor 160 Watt caught on fire

@JP Pienaar as @tekkengal has stated you are now being disrespectful. We have accommodated your outburst. We are hoping you find a resolution. Yet you now turn your anger towards us and no longer the supplier. And now you get the rest of the bloem crowd to join you in your hate towards MASA. The only reason your here is cause you got absolutely no traction about your complaints on M SR. Is this cause your hoping for a wider audience or resolution here?

And dont try play the afrikaans / bloem thing with me as I was born and grew up in Bloem and 50% of the blood pumping through my veins is of Afrikaans heritage

And here's my final thought I had and I will quote phat from M SR as he was thinking along the same line as me " if he is not having success with the supplier i suggest you take this matter to the CPA - consumer protection act" this is after all what they are there for. Strange how you never accused them of being to harse or trying to protect someone

And as for the cheap / cheep Chinese import comment. My company brings in product from the Chinese and not only is it the best product on the market but also the most tonnage of of its kind brought into SA by miles of the rest. So lets not throw the Chinese under the bus here they are capable of making excellent products

So my closing thoughts are contact the CPA if you have no luck with the importer

Free State – 051 400 4852
Gauteng – 011 355 8006 or 0860 4288634 (contact centre - option 4) or consumer@gauteng.gov.za

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow that's a very personal attack IMO

I'm sure u have noticed this thread was not started by Jp.

I'm a rooi neck do have no interest in who is afrikaans or a percentage there of.

What has salty my reef got to do with it or the Cpa

This is a forum for reefers made by reefers to help reefers.

It should be used as a guide and a helping hand or a stepping stone for new reefers to use when the first throw Cerebos into their tropical fish tank.

With this said knowing what product is good and what product is not good (bad) help newbies start and save money. This hobby is not cheep and IMO any saving is good. So if I knew that I would be where I Am now after investing nearly R42 000 on razors would I have made a different decision if this thread helps people save money and frustration them good it worked.

If you want to know what it cost me ask.

As I said before I lost 8 large corals when I had my last failure work that out as u want. This time the broken razor is on my frag system I have nearly 400 Frsgs in this system at R150 each that's s big investment under my initial Razor investment.

I think going forward we must keep the post to facts stay way from personal feelings and not take people on for how the type spell or express themselves

Facts forward to get resolution

Last edited:
Ok, I think everybody has gotten off their chests what they need to, so let's please try and focus on getting this issue resolved please and not force us to have to moderate this thread.

Feedback from Henk this morning is that the head office needed info he did not have on him so he got the info at lunch and sent to head office. We now wait till tomorrow for the head office reply

WOW energy saving definately out the window in the above pic. Not going to discuss here. Perhaps Handy would point to his tank thread and we could take up some observations.

Wasnt saying that was just saying your observation is true but it uses a lot of energy because its a 3m tank etc. He hasnt got a thread on masa

Wasnt saying that was just saying your observation is true but it uses a lot of energy because its a 3m tank etc. He hasnt got a thread on masa

Yes a lot of energy bud.:thumbup:

Pm me uncle Nemo

Bud I am not going to PM. I will discuss your tank in this thread. Simply because many reefers would like to hear my views and I dislike being discreet and repeating the same issues over and over in PM's.

Handys 3m tank - Marine Aquariums South Africa

No WE (reefers, sponsors and moderators) are most definitely NOT here to hear about all the crap in this thread. Please take it up with the entity you purchased it from and be done with it.

:m86::m85::m87::m107:

This thread is relevant as it may help another reefer that may experience the same problem with this lighting unit. I can see that the guys are stressed with what is happening and I would be as well if my lighting unit could set my house on fire.

In light of this, please keep discussions relating to this matter civil and respectful. Hopefully this will be resolved soon.

No WE (reefers, sponsors and moderators) are most definitely NOT here to hear about all the crap in this thread. Please take it up with the entity you purchased it from and be done with it.

:m86::m85::m87::m107:

I think this is an extremely harsh post bud. I started this thread with the aim to get the message out about some faulty units which may be out there from a safety point in of view. I had no idea that there were more units like mine out there and were it not for guys like Jon and Dian who responded and helped me out with further information I would still be very confused as to what all happened. I am a 21 year old student, still learning about how and where to get customer support. I use this forum as a tool for learning and find a sponsor stating that they don't want to "hear all the Crap in this thread" as highly disappointing. Although I agree some posts in this thread have been uncalled for, I myself have found vast amounts of help and support from members in this forum.

Back
Top Bottom