Mark's Nano

Added two new corals over the weekend...

This orange eyed green favia

and...

largish Cyphastrea colony

Neither of them look amazing under my current lighting, but colours looked great under LED's :(
Hopefully getting my LFS to do an LED mod on my tank so things may start looking better in the future.

cool corals. like your variety.

Your lights really are poop doesnt do your sytem any justice....make them hurry with the mod...

I have a question if you don't mind, I have the tl550 filled and 80% of life rock and 90% of my bit of corals and mushrooms in the tank been running 2 weeks now. Is cured live rock from my other thank and 50% of the water of old tank(when I did water changes) Older tank still has rock and substrate in it with 2 clowns a cleaner shrimp and rainsford goby and hermit. When you moved every thing from old tank to the new one did you add substrate, rock and livestock while it was cloudy or did you wait for cloudiness to pass before adding live stock. Also did you putty or cable tie your structure or is it just stacked?

Last edited:
I have a question if you don't mind, I have the tl550 filled and 80% of life rock and 90% of my bit of corals and mushrooms in the tank been running 2 weeks now. Is cured live rock from my other thank and 50% of the water of old tank(when I did water changes) Older tank still has rock and substrate in it with 2 clowns a cleaner shrimp and rainsford goby and hermit. When you moved every thing from old tank to the new one did you add substrate, rock and livestock while it was cloudy or did you wait for cloudiness to pass before adding live stock. Also did you putty or cable tie your structure or is it just stacked?

I waited for water to clear before moving the livestock across. You have such a few livestock items just place them in a bucket with a heater and if you have a little airstone while you move everything else across. Get yourself a small bottle of clarity...it will clear your water up in an hour. Get some stability too to help boost your bacteria count and keep things stable so to speak.

My rock is just stacked...I've always thought about puttying or tying rock work together to build something awesome but then think its too much pita

Couple random pics of newish corals and a FTS for July

My rainbow bubble deflated...love the colors. He will be leaving on Friday though.

My anchor under moonlights

Some new red zoas

New hammer frag

FTS taken this afternoon

DIY Lighting still in the pipe works...hoping to get a quote on it next week. Also want to try and add some lighting to the back compartment, after taking out the stock skimmer there is so much wasted room back there...want to convert it into a decent refugium with lots of macro algae, live rock rubble and maybe some miracle mud. :)

Last edited:
Damn wish that rainbow bubble tip was coming to me on Friday hehehe.. Looking good there

Haha...its a nice anemone but I want the extra space in the tank for other items and I still have the other red/green one lower down in the tank. :D

:)Hey Mark your tank is looking very nice don't u want to share what chemicals u ad and how many times a week,what carbons and what els u use to control algae and what u use to feed that variety of corals.thx clearly u a pro.

Last edited:
It would be smart for newbies to follow ur example u have been doing it for a while.can u also maybe ad if u use any other chemicals like trace elements to boost your tank.thx

:)Hey Mark your tank is looking very nice don't u want to share what chemicals u ad and how many times a week,what carbons and what els u use to control algae and what u use to feed that variety of corals.thx clearly u a pro.

It would be smart for newbies to follow ur example u have been doing it for a while.can u also maybe ad if u use any other chemicals like trace elements to boost your tank.thx

lol no secrets to my tanks well being actually. Only thing I have ever advocated is to get the biggest skimmer you can afford for your system that is double or more tank volume...this all by itself goes along way to making sure algae issues are kept to a minimum. On top of that just the every day run of the mill chemical filtration such as Seachem's Phosguard and Matrix Carbon...these used in relation to tank volume and changed out when required...I usually do so when I do a water change...which I will admit is not as often as it should be :m50:

At present I dont add any additives to the tank...when I actually remember to I check my alk and Ca levels and top these up if need be.

Feeding corals I have always believed in and I think it goes a long way to getting good growth out of soft corals and keeping LPS healthy. At the moment I feed Gonipower a couple times a week...again when I remember to do so. :blush:

It is so hard to believe that this is a small tank, it has come along beautifully!

Thanks Tek! :blush:

Back
Top Bottom