mandarinmans tl550

Thats strange they look so inocent.

Always welcome Lean. i really do enjoy the tank i think it may be a little harder than running a big tank because there is little room for error.

Very true, I see that in my small 650 cube. One sick fish and all goes bad in 24 hours! That is one of the reasons I like how you keep your tank in tip top shape!

but the fact that it needs attention is what makes it enjoyable if that makes sense. even when you pick or place a coral. it is my version of a bonsai i suppose. haha i am probably the only guy who drips my waterchanges. nothing is done quickly! a 10 percent waterchange takes four hours!

Interesting, never heard of someone dripping water changes :)

Very true, I see that in my small 650 cube. One sick fish and all goes bad in 24 hours! That is one of the reasons I like how you keep your tank in tip top shape!

i am petrified something goes wrong!
Interesting, never heard of someone dripping water changes :)
i drip waterchanges to keeo corals or anything from stressing.

3694f8d71373ed52.jpg

3694f8d713746272.jpg

Did my waterchange on saturday as per usual. tested perameters. salinity 1.025, mg 1360,kh 8.9, cal 510! No calcium dosing in past week so it seems to be seachem salt is well endowed in cal dept! I have experienced the strangest thing. zoas closed up for few days and then when opened up all extreme greens or oranges ! I am wondering if this is due to carbon dosing? As of yesterday i have upped carbon from 1ml to 2 ml a day. i also dose microbelift special blend each week after water change. i am still experiencing growth of a little hair algae on a few spots i had before so iam not too concerned about overdosing carbon just yet. i am waiting for my test spses to colour up and then i may assume that carbon dosing level is right.

I have noticed this morning that with the increased carbon dose my skimmer is skimming much drier which is exciting. i am anticipating that i can feed my corals heavier and still have a low nutrient tank. i will just haveto get the balance right. feed the corals.... remove excesses through all the filtration.... Feeed the corals.......remove the excesses....
Feed the..

I havent examined my water under a microscope so i am relying on hearsay to a certain extent. i dose microbelift after my weekly waterchange. i see that in my skimmer cup that with the carbon dosing has resulted in a much dryer skimmate ( i am up to 1.5 ml brightwells nitrate and phos remover twice a day as of the day before yesterday. i think that the microbelift is re colonising my water column with bacteria that have been removed by skimmer. ps this is a standard 438 boyu skimmer and it is working really well.

I am not adding or taking any livestock from my tank until i see how far i need to go to get my spses to colour up.

I also have to do this for my sps what do you dose.

I got some brightwells 8.4, adding it to my ato. My kh was down to 6.

Back
Top Bottom