mandarin fish

Reaction score
Hi,

Do any one know some one that is selling a tank bread or a Mandarin that is traned to eat flakes and Frozen?

Clown

Gonna be hard to find. I bought a mandarin a long time ago on the ill advise of the lfs. Didnt really take well to froze or flake/pellet food. I even tried to train it in a breeding net. No luck.

Ja look i think these fish are best left to ppl who have extremely mature reefs with a lot of live rock and preferably also a remote fuge / cryptic zone which gravity feeds the display.... Just my 2c worth

iv seen many ppl keeping mandarins in 1-2 yr old tanks without refugiums.
i myself not a fan of the mandarin,so wont risk it in my tank

Hi,

I agree with all of you.

I was just throwing a stone in the Bush to see what people think.
You hear some say they got a mandarin that eat flakes & Frozen.

I wanted to hear if this is a myth or true story.

I Know that some has a tank that is over a year and they got one that is doing well.
I know that some people get live cheato and add it in there tank 3 months in advance to make the mandarin food source to populate.

regards

The thing is also to have pods multiply more than what the manderin can chow as they can deplete a smallish tank, even a 4ft, very quickly of it's pod population.

The thing is also to have pods multiply more than what the manderin can chow as they can deplete a smallish tank, even a 4ft, very quickly of it's pod population.

Absolutely, Hence why a fuge is excellent, the pods can multiply in peace without predation from the manderin and or CBB... but they need to be gravity fed to the display tank to provide live food for the fish. That said a fuge is not a requirement but it is a big help !

i have had a mandarin in a 38l nano for 11 months two years ago. he would eat frozen brine shrimp after i weaned him off live(this happened cos i got gatvol of breeding brine shrimp) but now i have the method so i will be starting to try it again soon!

Back
Top Bottom