Macro aqua

Reaction score
Hey guys, what are your thoughts on the macro aqua range of skimmers? It's my birthday next month and was thinking of asking my family for money so that i can buy myself one, the reason i like it is coz it is a hangon and my friends one seems to be working pretty well, they go for around R650 at the LFS here. Opinions please:thumbup:

I don't think there's too many of those skimmers around, can't really help you on that one. Ask them for a bit more money to buy a Reef Octopus or Red Sea Prizm hang on skimmer, very nice skimmers and work like a charm.

I don't know if it's because my tank is new or if it's the skimmer not working properly, but the stuff coming into the cup is only yellow so far, nothing too dark at all, there is however a light shade of "muk" on the surface of the cup?

I don't know if it's because my tank is new or if it's the skimmer not working properly, but the stuff coming into the cup is only yellow so far, nothing too dark at all, there is however a light shade of "muk" on the surface of the cup?

Need to tune your skimmer, it sounds like it is skimming wet. This tuning process can take a while, as once you made an adjustment it can take the skimmer a couple of minutes to react.

Once you found the correct setting mark it.

Remember water level in your tank can influence the skimmers performance.

Back
Top Bottom