Lowflyers tank

Thanks Lappiesreef, I tried for a long time to find the best way to scape with the space available and the rocks that I got, i was given the live rock for free. The pink glow is coming from a cheap biolux bulb and the blue put together, I like the look, but it's not good for my anem at the moment I don't think, well, i don't know, but i'm adding new lights soon, so hope he survives until then, just waiting for the lid to arrive so I can start painting and wiring.

Cool, ya, I feed him with some squid twice a week and he chomps it nicely. Are there any other meat foods I can feed him

I feed mine Stint (those sardine like fishies) and krill.
As long as you see him take it and not spit it out later all's good :thumbup:

Ok cool, thanks, ya, the only thing I have seen come out of his mouth is some shrivelled shit, and it only comes out about 2 days later. Squid goes in white and comes out brown about 2 days later

Thats Good.

When I had my nennie in a Nano under compact lights it did the same with its food...
Now im my big tank under lots of T5's it doesn't always take the food. Only once in two weeks or so...
I guess you can tell like that if they get enough "food" from your current lighting.

Another thing. I'm looking to exchange my false percs for two small tomato clowns, what's the general concensus? I really like the tomato clowns and apparently they don't grow much bigger than the false percs

They much more aggresive though...I think there is some issues with pairs...
I think I saw a thread on here about it. Just research them properly before you go the Tomato way....
PS They bite... They protect there nennie fiercly..

Oh really? Ok, so i might get a nip from on when I put my hand in the tank? I just love the colour. I'm busy researching them now, apparently very aggresive at times especially during breeding. But they say they can be good fish for beginners such as myself, but my percs are doing very well and they don't bite me

I've seen Lanzo's one Bite him...was very funny
My common clown bit me once, but I was working on the rock next to his nennie..

All clowns bite, just depends how aggressive a species you have.

Remember they are damsels, so aggression is apart of their genes ;)

Um, howzit, just a quick statement and question, that substrate that I have changed so far as shown in the picture i, i changed it in one day, then I was told I should've changed a tenth every water change, oops, so how long should I wait before I start adding more in and will I have another cycle after what I have done?

Thanks

Try and change about 20% every 2-3 days,and keeping up with a 10% water change.
BTW, Tank is looking great :)

Thanks Mekaeel, I really like the new substrate, now just to start budgeting for the sump and all. But with the substrate change, do you mean a 10% water change everytime I change substrate? Coz I do a 20-25% water change every weekend already

Ok cool, shot, I'll do over board water changes. I'll try even do 10% everyday. Which will be even better

Back
Top Bottom