Live rock- surprise passenger

its been 5 days, where tha pics :whistling:
1442499d0f89a30c3.gif

As promised, the glass is a little dirty, still trying to get a pic of the elusive crab..

uh huh, that didnt work let me retry

159149acd221ef204.jpg
159149acd24e8cdff.jpg

looking awesome

Im getting there slowly, excuse the glass, took the pic before work this morning , with my phone. Ive got one little mushie going. Would like to get more LR, will this restart the cycle ?

it might, depends if its cured or not. if its cured then it should be fine

any news on that crab :)

Im getting there slowly, excuse the glass, took the pic before work this morning , with my phone. Ive got one little mushie going. Would like to get more LR, will this restart the cycle ?

Only if you get uncured life rock, Mike - will you MOST likely have a mini-cycle (mini meaning much shorter than the original one)....

Always roaming at the top

awesome... has he done any damage?
Non so far with his size... around half an inch.. sometimes his legs and chest change color to burgandy. He likes to stay at the top of the rock rather than bury himself to the sand. seems hes enjoying the blow of the wavemaker..:lol:

Hmmm.I would say becareful of him still.I know your tank is empty,but he looks like one of those highly omnivorous types that like to chow a huge variety of algae,scraps,sleeping fish,corals,......He is small now,but might grow big.I would keep him and enjoy his character until you need to put corals and stuff in and then maybe find a more suitable home for him like in the sin bin with a few rocks and things;)

i agree, then give him to me :) or sell him

Hey Dallas... Speaking of which... I have a crab in the sin bin at the moment... But he is struggling as my sin bin has three variations. Minor sin (DSB), average sin (inlet protion from tank in sump) and the Major sin / execution chamber (the last chamber with the discharge pump back into the tank)

He is staying in the average sin bin - where there are no rocks, gravel - nothing... If you want it your'e more than welcome. Then you can sommer check if I'm doing this marine thing right...

cool, Jaco, where abouts in Jhb? always willing to lend a hand

I'm close to Carnival Mall in the Brakpan area. I will PM you my physical adress.

i just hope my crab is not the red crab from japan that could grow up to 24" in diameter. or else he will be in our center table for dinner.. :lol:

Crab is still there, too camera shy though, will keep trying. Benn 10 days now and apart from the mushie there dont seem to be any polyps etc? is this normal?

Should i be using the lights at this stage or not?

u can use lights, i have mine on for 5 hours while cycling

Back
Top Bottom