Lighting Advice 1m x 700mm shallow

Reaction score
Hi guys,

As stated in the title. Im in the process of planning a new reef tank. Im planning the ligthing. I would love to go with 6 x 39watt T5’s but T5 fixtures seem to be very scarce nowadays.

The tank will be 1m long x 700mm wide x 400mm deep. Im looking to be able to keep sps mainly but with a minimalistic scap, bare bottom and lots of flow. Can anybody advise on a ligthing system that will work. Are the odyssea T5 units ok to use? 3 double unirs with bulbs would be over 10K and that just doesnt seem like value for money to me? Any advice welcome.

I own a couple of Red Sea LED 90s and they work great but the price these days are insane.
The AI Blades are awesome, flush and very high PAR ratings.

I did purchase a couple of "Knock Off" Red Sea led 90s from Aliexpress, Popbloom RL90,

They are the exact same in terms of PAR and are 3rd of the price, so 3 of them over your tank would give insane PAR results

MicMol has released their "Felix" bars just like the AI Blades, They are $100 per bar, I actually want to try them out as well could be good supplemental lighting.

Depends on what you want to achieve, there are a few great and affordable lights available but on the cheaper lights you often sacrifice some of the features (not always needed).

Hi guys,

As stated in the title. Im in the process of planning a new reef tank. Im planning the ligthing. I would love to go with 6 x 39watt T5’s but T5 fixtures seem to be very scarce nowadays.

The tank will be 1m long x 700mm wide x 400mm deep. Im looking to be able to keep sps mainly but with a minimalistic scap, bare bottom and lots of flow. Can anybody advise on a ligthing system that will work. Are the odyssea T5 units ok to use? 3 double unirs with bulbs would be over 10K and that just doesnt seem like value for money to me? Any advice welcome.
Hi...I've got a an aquamedic 6 x 39w T5 unit for dale as well as a light ceiling 8x 39w fixture for sale.

Both unit include bulbs..

Back
Top Bottom