Leslies Rimless 5ft

Tank is lookin awesome - Love the Apple Mac Designed Skimz - What do these skimmers cost and who keeps them? I got a skimz carbon reactor from marco.

The white is a change from the conventional black used on skimmers i like. looks classy, Marco should be able to hook you up, with anything you looking for.

looking good les!

much better, good to be back,

cool, i knew they would be :)

dident get too much done today, have just been soo weak, going back to the doctor tomorrow, but hoping to go past and get my blue vynil for the backing (@viper357 yes dean it is blue again)

and ordered my base bracing, not that this tank needs it but i might as well seeing as i have to get my overflow pieces and im waiting for some more glue aswell.

so taking it easy and doing it right.

considrerd building a wavebox into the tank. still might do something of the sort. i dont mind buying the actual box but it will look odd sitting on the one side of the already big overflow. so may just incorporate one in.

still allot to decide.

hi Leslie congrats on your new build , could you elaborate more with regard to the wave box

hi Leslie congrats on your new build , could you elaborate more with regard to the wave box

Basically have one half of the overflow box house a pump and act as a wavebox with a divider dividing the water to the sump and the wavebox.

hope tha helps

Basically have one half of the overflow box house a pump and act as a wavebox with a divider dividing the water to the sump and the wavebox.

hope tha helps

i have an idea but how about putting up a drawing of this to have a better understanding
what dimension over flow box will you use ?

@preshan
Untitled.png

a very basic diagram but the section of the overflow on the left it to allow water to syphon to the sump and has a returnline for water to get back to the top of the DT

the right hand section will have a hole drilled in and a pump monted to allow it to act as a wavebox

Last edited by a moderator:
@preshan
Untitled.png

a very basic diagram but the section of the overflow on the left it to allow water to syphon to the sump and has a returnline for water to get back to the top of the DT

the right hand section will have a hole drilled in and a pump monted to allow it to act as a wavebox

thanks leslie

okm Vynil on, im exhausted, started sorting glass out for the overflow, i have just enough pieces.just need them trimmed a bit.

Glue confirmed should arrive next week.

now just waiting on George for my transformer quote, the tunzes i had bought second hand's ones somehow blew, the 1st was wet the second im not sure . awsome pumps cant wait to get them back into action.

todays progress.

23feb2011010.jpg

and water level calculations
23feb2011012.jpg

and holes to be drilled soon.
23feb2011011.jpg

was actually about to drill and something stopped me, so left it at that. will see what tomorrow arvie brings.

back to work tomorrow:(

cool Leslie. looks like its coming slowly but steadily!!

Back
Top Bottom