leaving nsw overnight before wc

Reaction score
hey guys

is it ok to leave my nsw overnight and do the waterchange in morning. ive read or heard somewhere that there is like a 3 hour bracket or something. Also, What is the longest you can leave nsw before doing a waterchange, as I wouldnt mind collecting alot now in winter since it rains like half the time and the other half of the time the sea is rough, so for when i cant get clean water I have spare. i like doing two water changes per week so I wouldnt mind having some spare water.

If you cant use it straight away, rather collect and store for a few weeks before using. This will allow the die off to settle out. When you use it take the water out carefully so you dont get the detritus.

So i will collect a few liters that i will let stand for when i really need it and then i will just try and use fresh water all the time. so lets hope that the rain stays away untill ive collected my water tomorrow. thanks for the reply

Charl if you keep it away from direct light / sunlight and add a airstone / small pump for O2 exchange you can store it. I collect 200 L at a time and use this regime to no ill effect.

I collect 25 litres at a time but only use about seven litres every two weeks... I keep it in the garage with no air and then only suction the water from the top to avoid the die-off at the bottom and I have had no ill effects... Even had it tested after two weeks of standing and the difference was minimal...

ive used water like this with no ill effects, one time i collected and got busy so the water was standing in the garage for about 2 days before i used it, nothing wrong

ive used water like this with no ill effects, one time i collected and got busy so the water was standing in the garage for about 2 days before i used it, nothing wrong
Me too.

Back
Top Bottom