Large water drums

Reaction score
I'm not really sure where to post this? Mods please feel free to move...

Does anyone know where I can get one or two large water drums that are safe to keep R/O water in for a good price or free?

Obviously Dbn would be best but let me know either way.

Thanks!

If you are referring to those white drums in a steel frame, they are called Flo Bins.
Don't know where in DBN you can find them, but try gumtree!

Not that big... Just the 200 or 220l's I think is the size? The best price I can get is about R450, but that's R1000 for two!

mmmm ... I have a 800 ltre flow bin that I might be persuaded to let go and its in Phoenix at a friends place ..... Been used all its life only for salt water so a bit rusted on the framework but holds its contents in .... Paid R950 for it ... Make me a reasonable offer ... I might consider .....

Thanks Chica! But.... that's going to be way too big for the space I have... If anyone else has anything, please let me know. The ones I've got a price on new are at Just Plastics in Springfield.

Try GW Industries Westmead, They manufacture pvc fittings and drums similar to the JOJO in all sizes. If you looking closer to Durban, try Mansel Road Market (near Umgeni Road) Guys sell lots of recycled drums(not good for water storage) so the Municipality has put up shop there on safe drums for water storage for poorer communities. Or You could contact the Water Department directly im sure cos its subsidised it will be cheaper.

I have 2x 1000L IBC's that i want to sell, still need to be cleaned and were used to transport olive oil.

you can have them for R500 each but shipping at your cost

there was a place off edwin swales that sold 220l drums for around R200 if memory serves the pink ones that say for drinking water not sure if theye are still here ill try have a look this weekend not those 2 plastic shops they are around 400 like you said this plase only sold the drums

Yip the pink ones is a govvernment initiated project for storage of drinking water for poorer communities as they found many people using innapropriate containers i.e chemical containers etc.

let us know if they still there.

Yip the pink ones is a govvernment initiated project for storage of drinking water for poorer communities as they found many people using innapropriate containers i.e chemical containers etc.

let us know if they still there.
Address and contact details also, if you can...good to have for future reference..:blush:

Thanks blueberry, but those are even bigger than Chika's! :lol:

Brian let us know please! That would be great.:thumbup:

Back
Top Bottom