Lanzo's tiny tiny mantis/reef tank

when i come and visit you I'll bring mr mantis a.k.a diablo, crawly to f#ck your nenie crab up:whistling:(his getting bigger, just molted these last couple of days)
:rofl:

BTW....you can see Snuggles on page 6 of this cities newletter to get an idea of his size. http://www.marylandheights.com/documents/City Newsletter/November 2007 City Newsletter.pdf

To give you an idea of his size, the PVC tubing I gave him for a den was 3 inchs (7.62 cm) in diameter

It's kind of funny, we've been interviewed by the local paper as well (St. Louis Post Dispatch) and even though we had an 800 gallon shark tank, they chose a picture of Snuggles as well.

Lanzo - you SHOULD get the skimmer to skim - I have a WeiPro skimmer in my 1.2 metre aquarium, with ONLY some soft-corals, and a few hermit crabs in there. And my WeiPro is skimmer dark/black stinky stuff (not too much per week though, but it is skimming)...

So, have a bit more of a play with your skimmer.....

here is the pic, i cleaned this out last week and i still don't have any skimate in the skimmer since then, is this o.k or wrong?

this skimate is 2 weeks of skimming

DSC01778.jpg

i think so, it the tunze II 9002(or something like that)
its a black box with the cup ontop, it has a little blue valve that one can increase/decrease air.

Lanzo - you sure that is a "marble star"???? Looks MUCH more like a "chocolate chip starfish" to me..... How about a pic from the "OTHER" side of the starfish? BTW: AWESOME PICS man!

it's maybe a choci:) , but lfs sold it as a marbel, and it doesn't have that long pens sticking out of him.
i'll take a pic and upload later today:thumbup:

How man L is that mantis tank mate? You sure the mantis wont spear that little angel when it grows up?

How man L is that mantis tank mate? You sure the mantis wont spear that little angel when it grows up?

its a smasher not a spearer, and it was fine for a month with the damsel.

i think if you feed him he won't hirt the fish, thats what i'm doing with my green death star and it seems to work

here is the pic, i cleaned this out last week and i still don't have any skimate in the skimmer since then, is this o.k or wrong?

this skimate is 2 weeks of skimming

DSC01778.jpg
Is this the skimmer from the mantis tank?

Very good shots of the starfish Lanzo, but i think you need to check the settings on the skimmer.

yip viper thats the skimmer cup from mantis tank.
i cleaned another 100ml today( this is the second time i cleaned it since i had the tank)

200ml of skimate in total

Very good shots of the starfish Lanzo, but i think you need to check the settings on the skimmer.

thanks wee-man

i turned the air nozzle thing a little bit, i hope this will work.

the last time i turned the nozzle a little bit, it filled the cup full in a period of 1 night

Back
Top Bottom