Keeping Marine organisms in Mauritius?

Reaction score
Hi fellow reefers,

I might be immigrating to Mauritius in the near future.
My question is if one is permitted to keep any form of marine invertebrates and vertebrates?
Thanks for your time:)
Carlos

In general it's illegal to take out any invertebrates........
Unless you have the permission from the Fisheries authorities.
Yet, I think if you remain discreet won't be a problem as such...;)

you will love staying in mauritius....awesome place, only problem is its developing way way way to quickly........i have a feeling from talking to some bankers that the money is gonna stop pouring in there as fast as it started.
they opened up 6 shopping centres in a 20km stretch with more on the way in the year of april 2011 to march 2012.
diving and specimens are great if you know where to go.
sagar can help you with livestock with permits though, great guy with awesome family

THAT IS GREAT NEWS!!! I will look up @sagar and see what he says further! Thanks for your time in sending me a reply.
Carlos

Hi Carlos,
Was going through this thread and it got me thinking....

If I had the opportunity to move to such a magical place I would make that beautiful ocean my tank. One bigggg viewing window in my living room.... No more sleepless nights... no more power outages or messed up parameters. Nature will do the waterchanges and skimming for you... Save lotsa money as well! Diving with your fish and coral every week just to check if natures doing its job...

Think about it!

Back
Top Bottom