Johan's new nano

Now wheres the pics dude?:p

FTS

15174b0445570d124.jpg

Inhabitants:p

15174b0445ba51c81.jpg

This is a problem i have but i have read up alot about this and i also added a bag of phosphate remover still gonna get some carbon too.

15174b0448300f61a.jpg

Yip Johan, that is most likely caused by phosfates.

You can add phos remover (chemi pure elite works well for me)
Play around with your flow patterns to create more flow in those areas
Add a airstone for a while ...this will raise the redox potential of your water.

But also think of investing in a good phos testing kit

Well i rather enjoy the diy stuff not too hectic but i love a challenge when im done with one thing i always start planning the next, its crazy

Yip Johan, that is most likely caused by phosfates.

You can add phos remover (chemi pure elite works well for me)

true

im using it in my nano together with a via aqua hang on back skimmer and in tank dsb...

what ive managed to achieve using ONLY THESE three things for filtration is an ultra low nutrient system with my one sps turned completely white lol and tips are purple so its not bleached but the chemi pure elite definitely removes alot of phos!

running like this for over six months already haven't replaced.

What i did with mine is get a plastic air regulator from my lfs and drilled a hole big enough and put it through and glued it in, this works wonders in setting the air as u can set the stuff much more precise

Johan please post a pic of this. Best if I see what you have done and where you put it.

so this weekend did an 18 liter waterchange and i only run my lights six hours a day, now al the stuff has died back, ill keep doing this till i am happy my params are fine again and then ill slowly start puuting the lighting cycle up bt one hour every 2 days till its back to normal.

got another 5 kg of liverock coming into the tank in the next two or three weeks and that will then increase my bio filtration because i will then have about 15 kg.

here are those air valves seabass sorry for the late reply
15174b0cd5de6e1c0.jpg

you get everything sorted out? your tank looks fantastic man im really liking this build. i think me + you are the only people on the forum to have gravity flow back to our tanks as a main filtration setup.

Can also be used a surge device as I found out. Thanks for the pic, now I see what you did.

Cheers:peroni:

Update time

So i added more live rock and got myself my first fish of this tank.

i know im gonna be hammerd for pics but thats impossible right now as i dont have a memory card for my camera.

i wanted a fuzzy dwarf lion fish, but ofcourse u cant only have that u need a bit of colour and character too so i got myself a bi colour blennie. Also with my liverock came a encrusting sps, but i doubt it will survive under my light will have to wait and see what happens. Pics will come tonight

Congrats on your first fish johan, I also have one...awesome little guy.:thumbup:

Glad you didnt go for the fuzzy lion, with them it seems a bit of a hit / miss situation when it comes to feeding comapred to other lions

im glad u left him for me, i almost missed him as he wasnt marked on the glass.
anywat here are those pics sorry they seem bit blurry for some reason.

FHS

15174b17f6e723a7d.jpg

LHS

15174b17f74c1aa62.jpg

RHS
15174b17f7c5775f4.jpg

SPS

15174b17f8357965d.jpg

Blennie hiding in its spot, i think he is camera shy because everytime he is in the open and i want to take a pic he moves.

15174b17f9300f014.jpg

Will add a few softies when frags become available and also gonna change the flow but thats a secret for now

Confused state of mind

I have been rethinking my fish list for quite a while now and have finally decided i will not be getting a fuzzy dwarf lionfish as alot of my research says there is a 50 50 chance in them eating.

i would like to get maybe three or four colourfull indiviguals but my problem is that i have an open top tank wich means olot of the small colourfull fish are out of the question.

please can someone suggest a few fish for me?

i already have a bi color blennie

TOMATO CLOWN LOL seriously mine was only supposed to be temporarily in my nano as i dont really love the colours but he got so used to me and my wife in the kitchen and he has that please pet me kinda nature very weird but he's absolutely tame and so i sumped my plans to take it to the lfs (plus he had lotsa negative points with me before as he killed my HUGE HUGE gonipora in 680lt by hosting in it-i wanted to squash him under my shoe:p)

sorry jacquesb but i dont agree here boet;)

Hi Johan -

Here's some fish:
- Midasblenny good idea but they do grow big so rather not for a nano
- dart gobies jumpers!
- flame/fire goby lol again jumpers!
- coral goby not a bad idea:)
- green chromis (a small school looks fantastic).... size of his tank would allow one or two max fish be added...so a SMALL SCHOOL?

I will think of some more....

Back
Top Bottom