JDV's Boyu TL550

JDV

Reaction score
Morning all

So it’s time to start a new tread for my new TL550, I swapped with @mandarinman. Picks to follow. He gave me a Frogspawn Frag, a blenny and a big cleaner shrimp as well and one or two corals. The thank has some very bright leds as well. I hope I can make it as nice as what mandarinman made it.

Last edited:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Nice to see this tank up and running again, looking forward to seeing what you do with it.
Its going to take some time to get it to the level that Mandarinman had it at.

Morning all

After being sick for like two weeks and having to work, I finally got some time to spend on my tank. Did some cleaning “syphoned sump, sand and cleaned skimmer” The skimmer had problem restarting after power was turned off had it in vinegar for a day then took a toothbrush and cleaned it all sorted now, and I did some re-scapeing. I replaced the return pump was competing with my tv. All nice and quiet now. I must say I love the led’s @mandarinman have put in the tank. They are so bright. Sorry for the bad pic's

picture.php

picture.php

thanks guys, now just need to get rid of the po4's then I will be cool. been doing 25l water changes a week for the last 2 weeks and added some seachem phosguard. going to do some tests tonight and see if things are better.

Quick update, finally got around to install my temperature controller over the weekend. I bought this for my 1.2m but only arrived after the tl550 swap.
My tl550 has 4 fans in the hood connected to the cooling side of the controller, and the heater to the heating side. My temp now stays between 24.5 and 25.
I still have to make a nice little box or something for it. I also finally got my no3 and po4 under control down to 0 3weeks later.sorry for bad pic
picture.php

wow nice where did you buy this controller? and is it very expensive?

Thats a really cool idea, let us know how well it works and how stable it keeps the temperature.

Exactly what I was wondering about.
I just have 2 pc fans on my tank that are on the same timer as my lights.

Exactly what I was wondering about.
I just have 2 pc fans on my tank that are on the same timer as my lights.
Let me put it this way, when I switched on the controller the temp was on 26.5 (I think my Jagger needs so recalibration), the controller switched the fans on and brought it down to 25 in +- 1h30min
But yes let’s see what summer does.

Yeah as good as the jagers are, I could never get mine calibrated.

cool, got to get me one of these, then going to visit you when i have to wire it up, lol.

Back
Top Bottom