Jamie's Nano Tank

screenshot-2015-01-11-23-10-39-1-.png

what is this weird brown stuff?

I only have 1 snail in the tank 3kg lr , 4kg lava rock and crushed coral what's causing it and how do i remove it?

if detritus, then its overfeeding.

Maybe add another picture from another angle.

good news, brown stuff is clearing up and i found 5 more bristleworms:m106:

the bristle worms are what you want to clean up excess food and that detritus.

Guys..just wondering if it's tine if I put 8 invertebrates and 2 fish in on the same day...will my system handle the new bio-load?

I think leave the inverts, they are alot more sensitive than fish, depending ofcourse on what fish you are adding, rather just add the fish for now.
Incase i've missed it, have you got test kits and do you know what your water parameters are ?

First check water parameters then add inverts(snails and maybe a hermit crab). Then fish. I added 3 snails, a conch and a fish on the same day. Not sure though if the tl550 filtration can handle it.

what inverts? Snails?
What is the size of your system?

If parameters are OK, and 200L plus, then no issue. Waste generated by inverts are a lot less than fish. unless you start to overfeed to compensate for more critters.

Snails, only depends if you have enough algae to sustain them.

but, also, what size fish?

OK, would still say it depends on the size of the fish and which inverts.

hey guys, my tank is clearing up, slowly but surely.. still dont have a test kit:eek: the guy at my lfs says I must only test the water 3 weeks after stocking the tank... this sounds very wrong to me. Also just wondering if it necessary for a water change while cycling..thanks :thumbup:

Back
Top Bottom