is this a form of aiptasia?

dv8

Reaction score
hi guys, i have quite a serious problem here, i have what i think may be some form of aptasia, although it dose not look like aptasia to me. It has the same character of taking over my tank, and is causing a problem for my other corals. Do i try get rid of it the same way as the aptasia that i know? eg copperband,peppermint schrimp, kalk/lemonjuice injection, boiling water? i like the kalk idea so how much kalk in how much fresh water? please help, here is a pic of what was a monti
11804af3d40291534.jpg

Those look like mojano's! If they are, they're a "weed" too.

You can give Joe's Juice a try.

see my post

color varies depending on lights etc...
if it is polyps its a sign the water is good etc as they are propagating, but u can make some frags and sell them

color varies depending on lights etc...
if it is polyps its a sign the water is good etc as they are propagating, but u can make some frags and sell them
that rapid propogation (taking over a monti for example) seems more like a pest to me. I still lean towards aptasia or a form of nennie than i do towards a pollup type corral. But i may well be wrong.

but that is spreading and i would try controll it if i were you

star polyps are often a pest as they grow like weeds..

well lets put it this way, if anyone would like some of it ,then you are welcome to have it for free!!!. but speek now or forever hold your piece. because it is becoming a problem for me, and i want to be rid of it. i think star polyps grow allot slower, and are more a "solid" mass that can be fraged or cut away. i just want to know firstly, what it is, then secondly i would know how best to get rid of it. i do think it more a form of anemone than polyp. any advice will be greatly apresiated

Season starts soon (hopefully) and then you can get a few butterflies to sort them out. Otherwise hold thumbs for Rogan's peppermint larvae (day 18 already). Maybe they settle before Xmas. If they were star polyps they would be able to be peeled off, I think they are aiptasia.

@steve, i'll keep fingers crossed, if they for sale can i get some?

I am sure that if Rogan is successful enough he will be selling. There is still a while to go though and getting them to settlement might be tricky. As can be seen by others that have been trying on the other forum.
He is also doing Banggais, but breeding was interrupted for a while when we were looking after clowns for someone else.

Hi bra the best to do is remove as many rocks as you got and leave for temp change outside your tank with out water to dry over a period of 3 weeks and then place back in your tank and for those that is in your tank use redsea aiptasia x it works like a dream i have used it with out any ill affects and no spreading at all of aiptasia

Back
Top Bottom