&*#% Internet- Please help???????

i am with MWEB uncapped at R369.00..no issues no worries just a straight forward R369 every month..download and site surfing...no worries..speed can be more but i am happy with 384kbps..

Depends no how much you going to use?

1-5GB then you can look at 3G (Cell C) but can still leave you with reception problems etc.

Anything above that and I would recommend fixed line. I would not advise Afri host as I've heard they throttle (control you speed depending on the amount of data used) big time, but only if you start going over 30/50GB.

I'm currently on Mweb uncapped, on a 4096kps (4Mbs) line. I'm downloading between 400/500GB per month, and still sit at 425KB/s (KILOBYTE).

yes you are at the mercy of Helkom, but so far I have not had a single problem with them or Mweb.

+1

CellC at 250 a month works out nice and cheap because you don't have to add telkom line rental and adsl line rental and adsl cap/gigs. The problem is the topups are pretty pricy. I think R389 for 3gb, compared to getting your first 5 and the modem at 250...
The other problem is signal coverage. If you can, find someone close by who has this and test it out at your place... I happen to have decent coverage and get 8-11Mbps but a few of my friends have tried it out at their places and get much less.
8ta also have a good deal but 8ta are owned by Telkom so I'd rather not touch it with a barge pole.
If you want to use more than 5gb, your best option is ADSL. Telkom's "do" bundles are decent but if you want uncapped then go for mweb. Get your telkom line from telkom and then your adsl line and cap from mweb (they basically activate the adsl part on your telkom line for you).

Ok, I havent read any posts here, in a rush so didnt ave time.

One of my clients recently ordered Uncapped,Unshaped 4096kbps from MWEB for +/- R2500 p/m (including line rental)

If you dont mind paying, that is the way to go IMO....

Ok, I havent read any posts here, in a rush so didnt ave time.

One of my clients recently ordered Uncapped,Unshaped 4096kbps from MWEB for +/- R2500 p/m (including line rental)

If you dont mind paying, that is the way to go IMO....

Nice, but don't think an Unshapped accout would be required, R999 vs R2500?

Ya definately, for home use unshaped isnt necessary, but i thought id post that info anyway :)

Good if you have bandwidth intensive products like a few apple tv's in the house....

Im sorry, But while Sean managed to get everybody's attentions, I want to highjack this thread,
Is there anybody that users Mweb or orther ISP's and have email addresses with them, Are you guys not receiving emails from yahoo and gmail and hotmail because their servers are *********ed? our clients are really giving us shit because our spam filters reject emails from *********ed servers... Just wanted to check if/how other ISP's are handling that situation...

Got me self sorted. Mtn changed my package back to capped, same one I had without paying penalties- thank you "hello peter dot com" - and got me the full cell c package as backup.
Irony- none of them work here in the bush...... My luck...... And to top it all, I brought laptop with (vista) as well as my external harddrive from my pc with all my work on it and the two does not want to work together. Not nice. Peed off at this stage as I really needed to get admin done while I am here. Now I have to wait till Sunday when I get back home

I'm on a 4meg line with a 10 gig (UNSHAPED) cap from afrihost.

Telkom Line R133
ADSL 4 meg Line R450 something
10 gig unshaped package from afrihost, R190

Thats about R773 total.

If I need extra cap it costs me R29 a gig which I add via sms.

The unshaped makes quite the difference if you skype/play games and download throughout the day.

@ pXius - you can get the same deal through axxess except its uncapped for +-R800 total.....

@seank - easier to read on their website and we can discuss after.....

Axxess DSL - Uncapped ADSL from R99.00 per month.

Click on "up to 4096kbps" (The Just Uncapped option), then on the bottom click "more info"

Axxess can also take over your line billing/control (and they are slightly cheaper than telkom)

I see there is a Acceptable User Policy - but they dont really give much info regarding limits etc.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Got me self sorted. Mtn changed my package back to capped, same one I had without paying penalties- thank you "hello peter dot com" - and got me the full cell c package as backup.
Irony- none of them work here in the bush...... My luck...... And to top it all, I brought laptop with (vista) as well as my external harddrive from my pc with all my work on it and the two does not want to work together. Not nice. Peed off at this stage as I really needed to get admin done while I am here. Now I have to wait till Sunday when I get back home

But does your N8 work in the bush?

@seank - easier to read on their website and we can discuss after.....

Axxess DSL - Uncapped ADSL from R99.00 per month.

Click on "up to 4096kbps" (The Just Uncapped option), then on the bottom click "more info"

Axxess can also take over your line billing/control (and they are slightly cheaper than telkom)

I see there is a Acceptable User Policy - but they dont really give much info regarding limits etc.....
thank you:)

Back
Top Bottom