Internal Flow?

Reaction score
Howsit everyone,

How much internal flow would you recommend on a 600X450X450h tank?
At the moment I've got the return on the one side of the tank and a seio superflow 1000lph on the other side....not sure if it is enough, maybe another seio is required??

Cheers
Rob

if you watch a small particle of food in tank , it should move about 8cm a second and then you have enough flow

Howsit everyone,

How much internal flow would you recommend on a 600X450X450h tank?
At the moment I've got the return on the one side of the tank and a seio superflow 1000lph on the other side....not sure if it is enough, maybe another seio is required??

Cheers
Rob

Rob, i think it is important to define what you are wanting to achieve with the system and plan flow around that..

i personally feel Softies/LPS corals etc can get away with far less flow that what is stated to be the normal rule of thumb for a DT, but you need to take into account what dirt/detritus build up you are going to have and how to get rid of it.. if it is to be a sps system then i am inclined to say the more flow the better..

be mindful of the species kept and zone your flow accordinly..

Anything from 20 times your display tank volume turnover per hour all the way to 60 times.

Depends on your corals. Softies, LPS and deeper water corals would like slower water. SPS like high flow.

And remove your e-mail from your location info. Do not want somebody to spam you.

Like they said, sit down an plan out, ............ Naaa .... Just add as u go along, we all plan in the beginning but never go according the plan lol..... There info is correct however but stick to what u have for nw, an as u go along, depending on wat u add , u might wana gradually increas

Back
Top Bottom