Info on the Boyu

why not look at the aquaria tanks? The one has T5 lighting and thats pretty cool so you can upgrade the tubes

It is a nice starter tank, specially for the price and can be run as is if just keeping fish and a few easy coral.
If you want to keep anything else it is also possible to do a few mods to the tank to make this possible. Check out my tank if you want an example of this.

Tremayn is right the aquaria is also a tank worth checking out.
I really like that it comes with a fuge light for cheato.

Firstly welcome Kalvyn..hope you enjoy the forum. To your question there is no easy answer as a lot depends on what you would like to achieve in the long run, setting up a reef ecosystem is a long term project anyway so keep the end goal in mind.

As for "plug and play systems", I personally have never been a fan due to the limitations of their design , having said that however loads of guys are quite happy with them , taken that they do require more effort and sometimes more expense to maintain.

On the other hand , a well designed custom build , can be done with the end goal in mind, leaving options to add equipment later etc etc.

IMHO you can build a better system from scratch than buying any "plug and play " systems. But thats me...

Firstly welcome Kalvyn..hope you enjoy the forum. To your question there is no easy answer as a lot depends on what you would like to achieve in the long run, setting up a reef ecosystem is a long term project anyway so keep the end goal in mind.

As for "plug and play systems", I personally have never been a fan due to the limitations of their design , having said that however loads of guys are quite happy with them , taken that they do require more effort and sometimes more expense to maintain.

On the other hand , a well designed custom build , can be done with the end goal in mind, leaving options to add equipment later etc etc.

IMHO you can build a better system from scratch than buying any "plug and play " systems. But thats me...

yeah, my tank, stand and sump only cost me R1600 and thats a 475L dt and 4ft sump

why not look at the aquaria tanks? The one has T5 lighting and thats pretty cool so you can upgrade the tubes

From what I understand the Aquaria are very similar to the Boyu's with a few better bits such as T5 lighting, LED moonlights and a separate PC bulb in the back for a refugium. The pricing is also very good.

Here's some more info

The Aquaria AMW102 Nano - Marine Aquariums of South Africa

My Aquaria AMW102 120Lt Nano setup - Marine Aquariums of South Africa

Thanks for all the replies. I got the buyo lt 550 this morning. It has the moonlight led in. Now I can't wait to move to my new house so I can start setting up my tank.

Any ideas of coral and fish? I want 2 clownfish and 4 other small fish. Coral tha go with it and crap and a shrimp.

Let me know what you think.

Thats great man, I will keep an eye out for it.:thumbup:
There are a lot of nice small fish you can keep, like gobies and blennies and lots more it all depends on what you fancy.
Also a lot of coral you can keep softies, zoas, shrooms and even a few lps higher up in the tank.

Back
Top Bottom