Infinity Aqua IA60 - Review

Reaction score
Hi,
I was running a frag tank Aquaria 37l and a custom 400l quarantine tank. I bought IA60 tank to replace those 2 as I was tired of the missus giving me those looks.
First impressions is that I should have gotten the bigger one, as always! The quality of the tank build is great, the cupboard has quite a nice finish to it. The holes for the cords were cut in the back for both shelves. The mechanism for opening and closing the door was a nice touch as it has no handle and gives it a clean look.
To the "sump" area, the caddy is well built and even with the carbon, sponge and rings it comes with, there is still ample space to add other things like anti-phos sponge etc. The skimmer took a bit of work to eventually get going. It sat initially quite nicely in the tank but then the water level was obviously too high. I had to raise it a bit with a few flat pieces of live rock. It took about 3 to 4 days to actually start bubbling, but works pretty fine now. I have seen some skimmers look very untidy with these type of tanks but the design of this one looks quite slick and doesn't stick out too much.
I am running zeovit with the reactor, it is easy to pump the reactor. However I cannot tell if the flow rate is correct due to the design of the reactor.
The return pump creates quite decent flow back into the tank, I don’t think it is adequate to keep sps, a RW8 would do nicely in here.
The light that it comes with has to be changed and discarded, I am using a 24W Odyssea 4 bulb T5 at the moment which looks like a sore thumb as it is bigger than the tank. I need to source probably an Aqua beauty as I have a few SPS frags in there.
The net to prevent the fish from jumping is a perfect addition to any tank. The only issue I have is that if water gets stuck on the rim of the tank and it ends up under the clips for the net, it keeps dripping down the sides of the tank very slowly until all the water is gone. It sometimes happens overnight and then you have salt all over the bottom of the tank and cupboard. The only solution is to make sure it is always dry
I set up the tank with 50% tank water and 50% new. Currently it is housing a hermit crab, 2 snails 2 clowns and one evansi that will be in quarantine for a few months till it is nice and healthy.
I am very happy with what I got for what I paid. The frag tank has been sold to a happy new reefer and still going to sell off the old quarantine system just need to get around to it. Hopefully the missus will be happy then…nah doubt itJ

IMG_0486.jpg

IMG_0481.jpg

IMG_0482.jpg

IMG_0478.jpg

IMG_0480.jpg

Great review! Any news or feedback? I'm looking at getting this tank so any advice would be greatly appreciated

Hi Dre,

the tank is still in good nick. I am however using it purely for quarantine (getting them to eat not medicating) purposes.

I quarantined a trio of Pulcherrimus anthia's (TMC) recently and that went well. I have added a Boyu nano-fan and it works like a bomb. Received my STC controller from Reef Aquatics today so have to still add that. My UV steriliser is still to be added.

I got a nano-flipper mag and it works brilliantly no scratches at all. I do have one issue with the door mechanism. I may have damaged it by pushing the door in too hard so the door gets stuck sometimes and I have to use a screwdriver to jar it open and then reset the mechanism.

If you are going full reef I would suggest that the light has to be upgraded and you will need more flow.

OK great. I'm looking at a few options before I make the jump but excuse my ignorance but what is STC controller or a steriliser? Please could you post some pics of your tank. I'm looking to have a reef tank with two clown fish and a six line wrasse. I want something that looks clean and neat. How many fish would you say that I could keep in this tank?

STC controller will switch between the heater and fan to maintain the set temperature. So a temperature controller. I use the UV sterilizer to control any white spot outbreaks while in quarantine. It prevents the white spot from reproducing rather than killing them.

I will shoot some new pics and post soon.

I would think 3 fish is a comfortable number for this size tank. It is only 60l, you could squeeze 5 but they will grow and would not be the right thing. Not sure on 6 line wrasse have not had one before.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom