In need of an amazing touch tank!

Discussion in '► Sponsor Request Forum' started by SA Shark Conservancy, 4 Jun 2015.

1. SA Shark Conservancy

SA Shark Conservancy

4 Jun 2015
    Hello All,

Firstly, let me introduce myself: my name is Meaghen McCord & I am a Director of the SA Shark Conservancy (SASC), a marine research NGO based in Hermanus. Our Shark Lab, situated in the Old Harbour Museum, houses two large flow-thru circular research tanks (from where we conduct research & introduce members of the public to our endemic sharks) & a small touch tank for interactive educational purposes.

These tanks were first installed in 2007 & we have been unable to upgrade our facility since then (as we receive no financial support/dedicated funding). We get >3000 people through our small facility each year & would really love to upgrade our touch tank to enable better experiences for people who visit us to learn about the oceans.

Ideally we are looking to build something similar to the photo (below)

If anyone has old aquarium equipment lying around which might be suitable for this purpose - or would be willing to help us build the unit - we would absolutely LOVE to get our hands on it.

Hope you guys can help!

Thanks so much for your time!
Recent Posts