im out of here :)

Reaction score
Tired of the slowly melting snow, the solid ice and chilly mornings so heading off for 9 days diving and pool lounging in the red sea at El Gouna Mövenpick Resort SSSS+.

No phone. No internet. No email, normal mail or carrier pigeons.

I'm finally going to do my open water and then over easter i am diving norwegian fjords and hunting sea trout with the long rod from a boat or a spear gun underwater.

So looking forward to getting away a while!

Enjoy it!

just finished packing, now its just to find that f/&(&/&%%¤¤ passport, i always loose the bloody thing. Atleast in Moz and malawi i never realy needed it as I just jumped the fences.

Wear sunscreen.

If I could offer you only one tip for the future, sunscreen would be it. The long-term benefits of sunscreen have been proved by scientists, whereas the rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience. I will dispense this advice now.....

(who else remembers that song?)

So you are still taking a camera:tt2:

now you talking, you earned some rep for that:thumbup:
funnily enough im NOT taking my camera, well not the 5d. i dont have insurance on it to travel and i aint taking that thing plus 5 lenses into africa without insurance! I may take the old 450d along, but i dont even like using that camera now that I am used to the 5d !!

thanks guys, sunscrean is packed :) problem is io dont own a paitr of sandles (not considered essencial footwear in this country) so i have to go summer shopping when I am there LOL

mmmm Strange ... Why is thread looking like a holiday for 1? I thought got married recently bud? Is this not supposed to be honeymooning?:blush:

mmmm Strange ... Why is thread looking like a holiday for 1? I thought got married recently bud? Is this not supposed to be honeymooning?:blush:

def not a holuday for 1 chicka, its just that masa is a family channel so i figured yo leave the details of our breeding program out! Did just get married but honeymoon will be later in fiji. This is just an escape from the farm before lambing starts.

Tired of the slowly melting snow, the solid ice and chilly mornings so heading off for 9 days diving and pool lounging in the red sea at El Gouna Mövenpick Resort SSSS+.

No phone. No internet. No email, normal mail or carrier pigeons.

I'm finally going to do my open water and then over easter i am diving norwegian fjords and hunting sea trout with the long rod from a boat or a spear gun underwater.

So looking forward to getting away a while!
Are you back yet? Where's the pics? There must've been a LOT of mermaids in that warm water. :whistling:

Are you back yet? Where's the pics? There must've been a LOT of mermaids in that warm water. :whistling:
we are back and had a fantastic time. I realy enjoyed my open water course (even if i had to do it in Swedish) and once Torunn and I got into the water there was no stopping us. So we basically just dived and dived and dived for 8 days. Fantastic to sea all the red sea fish species and corals and i realy enjoyed seeing fish in their natural habitat although watching a parrot fish munch a hole out some coral pissed me off a few times.

The three big sightings i enjoyed the most were harlequin file fish pair deep in an acro collony looking cute, scared and defiant all at the same time. Then we also spotted a pair of slender gohst pipe fish drifting like leaves in about 8 m of water and they are incredible to watch. the camoflage was outstanding and its a very rare sighting in the wild. The last big one was a lone male dolfin that came in to play and teach us how to swim propperly, being 50cm from a wild animal like that in its environment was very humbling and left a great impression on both Torunn and I.

El Gourna was a great destination (far prefered it to Hourgarda) with good food, cheap beer and a lovely hotel. In all a delightful break :)

now its time to plan for a trip to Germany and to set up a decent sized tank that I can keep a pair of masked butterfly fish in! NEED to have them in a big tank....NEED a big tank, and having gotten the wife in love with them I have permission already, now i just need the funds! :)

Back
Top Bottom