I'm fed up with ESKOM

Reaction score
NOW I'M REALLY PISST!
The dum fu..@C#$%k just cut my power of saying i haven't paid my acct
After i told them this is a mistake and giving them my ref no they are only switching it back on later to day. WHAT BULL's IS THIS!!! so now eskom can cut your power with out warning you!
The shi$#@ doesn't stop there even thou they made i mistake i must still pay the connection fee before they switch it back on (the comm system said so).!??
But I'm piste off because i was sickling my big tank, and have a extra hose is there to an skimmer that is not part of the system and now with no return pump all the water 5000L OF SALT WATER IS GONE!
can i sue them!
:(

NOW I'M REALLY PISST!
The dum fu..@C#$%k just cut my power of saying i haven't paid my acct
After i told them this is a mistake and giving them my ref no they are only switching it back on later to day. WHAT BULL's IS THIS!!! so now eskom can cut your power with out warning you!
The shi$#@ doesn't stop there even thou they made i mistake i must still pay the connection fee before they switch it back on (the comm system said so).!??
But I'm piste off because i was sickling my big tank, and have a extra hose is there to an skimmer that is not part of the system and now with no return pump all the water 5000L OF SALT WATER IS GONE!
can i sue them!
:(

Exactly the same happened to me last week...was over 24 hours without power. The idiot / moron who did it refused to look at the proof of payment. Worst is when trying to re connect it takes hours....took so long I gave up and waited till the next day

This happened to me wrt my water bill a year ago. I still had to pay a reconnection fee. It was an error on their side and was only corrected a year later. Im now sitting with a credit balance of over R3000.00

have same issue with Rates account ... according to municipality I own both my duplex and the neighbours duplex .... they "corrected" the statement for 2nd duplex about 2 years ago, 2 weeks ago I see a debit on my statement transferring the outstanding debit from the "cancelled" duplex to my duplex ..... also R3,000 .... big fights going on ......

sheees u guys make me glad i live in a country that has stable power and gets things sorted out if there is a problem.

i havent thought about power cuts in months, apparently there hasnt been interupted power to this farm for 6 years.

sorry to hear about ure frustrations ben, it sounds like a right mess again :(

Phone their head office in Megawatt Park. I unfortunately have not gotten their number anymore. Go for the big guys, DO not waste your time with the small okes at the departments

have same issue with Rates account ... according to municipality I own both my duplex and the neighbours duplex .... they "corrected" the statement for 2nd duplex about 2 years ago, 2 weeks ago I see a debit on my statement transferring the outstanding debit from the "cancelled" duplex to my duplex ..... also R3,000 .... big fights going on ......

Yip also know that one ...apparently I have owned my house since 2004 although the deed was registered in 2007 :whistling:....according to city of idiots aka tshwane I now owe them 18 000 bucks.

That's pretty much what happened to my tank... Bill received was like 40k or so and they tell you pay first then dispute later (like you will get anywhere). Was off for about 6 days and gennie failed as well :(

sheees u guys make me glad i live in a country that has stable power and gets things sorted out if there is a problem.

i havent thought about power cuts in months, apparently there hasnt been interupted power to this farm for 6 years.

sorry to hear about ure frustrations ben, it sounds like a right mess again :(

Lucky boy, I have been keeping track of the load shedding in our area. And in the last year it works out to 2470 hours, basically an average of 6 and half hours a day.

Longest sketch of uninterrupted power was an amazing 23 days. Longest load shed - 24 days, no power, consumed in the region of 200 litres of diesel :p

Ben you have it easy in your part of the world ;)

Lucky boy, I have been keeping track of the load shedding in our area. And in the last year it works out to 2470 hours, basically an average of 6 and half hours a day.

Longest sketch of uninterrupted power was an amazing 23 days. Longest load shed - 24 days, no power, consumed in the region of 200 litres of diesel :p

Ben you have it easy in your part of the world ;)
yeah, safe place with uniterupted electricity, but oh how expensive:p

23 days longest stretch without interuption, thats terrible, serious banna republic!

yeah, safe place with uniterupted electricity, but oh how expensive:p

23 days longest stretch without interuption, thats terrible, serious banna republic!

Yeah, what can you do. When you have 50% unemployment, 2500 people dying every day of AIDS due to a crippled medical infrastructure. 150 people murdered everyday excluding 1500 policemen every year. 3000-5000 people (depending who you believe) die on our crumpling roads every year. Electricity ain't much of a priority. :(

Bad news Ben, by the way where do you live that you get power directly from Esksdom?

I used to work for a company in Midrand. An IT contracting house of sorts. And when we had a power failure, obviously the UPS was just big enough to bring the servers down safely.

And we (the workers / programmers) sat outside under the Lapa, and depending on the time of the day opened the Bar fridge. (Can't let the beer get hot!):)

Anyway, what I want to say, the company used to claim the hours loss, calculated from the portion of our salaries they have to pay but we could do nothing, against some insurance policy. Check your household insurance. Should fall into same category as what happens when everything in fridge goes off due to an extended power outage.

Or talk to Jaco Schoeman. (but it is now too late for the 5000L):(

Where did the water go? Or should I not ask?

I used to work for a company in Midrand. An IT contracting house of sorts. And when we had a power failure, obviously the UPS was just big enough to bring the servers down safely.

And we (the workers / programmers) sat outside under the Lapa, and depending on the time of the day opened the Bar fridge. (Can't let the beer get hot!):)

Anyway, what I want to say, the company used to claim the hours loss, calculated from the portion of our salaries they have to pay but we could do nothing, against some insurance policy. Check your household insurance. Should fall into same category as what happens when everything in fridge goes off due to an extended power outage.

Or talk to Jaco Schoeman. (but it is now too late for the 5000L):(

Where did the water go? Or should I not ask?

Ben,

I would imagine the problem is with the council and not eskom, and if you have proof of payment made on time and there was no outstanding balance, then yes, I sure you can sue them for damages and it was a fault on their part.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bad news Ben, by the way where do you live that you get power directly from Esksdom? on a farm just outside Hattingspruit.
Thanks for the sympathy guys much appreciated.
When i got home yesterday ESKOM already switch the power back on, my MH started up with a near empty tank it cooked every thing inside it was a horrific seen, i just walk away and ask my right hand to clean up.

Bloody idiots, sorry to hear that Ben, you could probably try sue them but I doubt you would get anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom