ID if possible please

Reaction score
hi guys.. hoping to get a proper name for this little guy please...

g1.jpg

g2.jpg

yip local.. my 5yr old daughter actually caught it three months ago..interesting and entertaining little fish.. just need a proper name for it..

Yeah,
They are full of energy, I wasn't to keen on them.
They like swimming across zoa's etc..

Not sure of the proper name, probably Gobius paganellus or something.

They were actually lion fish food back in the day when I had lion fish lol.

follows my hand around the tank...eats anything.. and yes full of energy.. very nice fish actually.. thanks for the input!

at first i thought moorish idol.. but then after looking closely i didnt see the long fin so stuck again.. :blush:

@zippy hmm close but doesnt have the double black spot on caudal fin as described on the info i found

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya a bully! That is what I know it as also, every rock pool in east London has about 10 of them in
I used to always add a bully in the 3rd week of a knew tank cycle.
They become very territorial as they get bigger, but are nice fish though

haha sorry its the common name for these guys in east london. You sit as a little kid with a tiny hook and a peri winkle and you catch these things for days.

I have always used them in the cycling stage of the tank. and for lionfish food. Have seen these guys swallow anthias whole while trying to catch anthias in the rock pools

thanks for the feedback guys... yeah it does seem a bit territorial but my pixie hawkfish keeps him in check.. they both have very similar personalities actually..

Have seen these guys swallow anthias whole

wow so they get big... ive seen something similar one one day..chasing some common silver fish in the rock pools with the kids and next thing this fish appears out the sand and catches one of the silver fish as i was about to catch it...

wow so they get big... ive seen something similar one one day..chasing some common silver fish in the rock pools with the kids and next thing this fish appears out the sand and catches one of the silver fish as i was about to catch it...

have seen ones roughly 12cm long with heads about 2.5-3cm wide across the top. hahaha

Back
Top Bottom