I set up a new tank today

Reaction score
I set up a new tank, you guys have Nano's and Pico's so I set up an Inco tank.
Water volume -1 oz
live rock -150% of tank volume
clean up crew- 1 copepod
substrait- glass bare bottom
Water change schedule- when I am thirsty I take a sip.
Lighting- 739 watts to the gallon
eyedropper sump.

In this inco tank I run bioballs, skimmer/ozone 150mg/hr and I dose calcium through a doser.
I can't test because the test kit uses more water than the tank capacity.
Make up water is morning dew.
For livestock I would like to have at least 1 copperband, I would get 2 but I am afraid they will fight.
I would also like to add a ribbon eel but I can only fit his head underwater, the rest of him will sit in saw dust.
Food is supplied 3 times a day through an automatic feeder. I use Rods food and strips of halibut.
My goal is to breed but I may raise the fry in a seperate tank or just put in a barrier to seperate them from the adults.
I hope one day to be tank of the month.
IMG_2317.gif

Ja ja

good one

I want to keep SPS in this tank, especially elkhorn coral so I decided to increase the circulation a bit.
I have a teaspoon sump and I will drill the bottom tomorrow.
I will do a tank build thread.
IMG_2319.gif

Nice, at least you got a lime wood air stone

Just watch with salt creep on that light!you might want to raise it a bit :p

Maybe start up some vodka dosing,add a fancy straw,put a slice of lemon on the edge and a little umbrellor,nice.lol.

Last edited:
I hope this gold edging catches on quickly commercially as I would love a tank like that :)

OK I finished my tank build. I did have one set back, a tank crash. No, literally the entire set up crashed on the floor but I managed to save the live rock and it is back running, I hope It doesn't go through a mini cycle again.
I turned off the circulation for the picture but for circulation I use a wooden Coralife air stone.
For heat I use a 50 watt titanium heater set to 79 degrees.
For filtration I went with a Vortex XL diatom filter to remove any hazziness in the water.
It may also help remove ich as will the Aquazone Plus 200 ozonizer with ORP probe.
As you can see there is a refugium with caulerpa and I have an automatic Vodka dosing system which I may have over done a bit.
Fot livestock I was going to stock it with mandarins, I decided against the ribbon eel but may reconsider in the future.
I appreciate your comments and suggestions as I am a Noob.
IMG_2321.gif

@Paul B, man you are so funny! The Vodka dosing just kills it for me! What, no vinegar? Tom will be very upset at Reef Central!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom